Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quite Annoyed

Options
  • 07-02-2006 9:20am
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Bought the game yesterday as I've been meaning to try it out seeing as I've been a big RPG / MMRPG player for quite a long time now, so I strolled into GAME (In Galway) and forked out the 45e or whatever it was and inquired about these Game Cards (Seeing as I'm a 'no credit card' player) and they said they were out of them at the moment.

I also asked regarding the WoW Trial period and they said 'Oh yeah, sure you get it free for, like, a month or two' so I thought 'well, by the time the trial runs out I can go and get a card' so I take it home.

Turns out I need credit card // game card just to avail of the damn trial period so I'm sitting here with a brand new game installed on the PC that I simply have no way of playing.

This is rather aggravating but there's little I can do about it, really.
    Anyways, I thought I'd pop this thread here and ask for advice, although I can see the general outcome will be something along the lines of 'You'll have to wait until GAME get some more Game Cards'.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Yup! It sucks, I don't know why games companies are allowed to do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Bartonprince

Amen.

If it's free, why do they need your credit card details?
    It's so they can bill you wen you forget to cancel. Like AOL =)

But if you can get your hands on a gamecard i'd recommend it because the game is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

Same thing happened to me... was so annoying waiting 3 hours (there abouts) for the game to install and update and then... wait ... no... i cant play it...

I did get a gamecard the next day though, but I was really annoyed

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

the guys in the shop have a responsibilty to inform you of this kind of thing too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭abccormac

Isn't their a crowd that does some sort of credit card voucher things now? You buy them with cash, and they give you a voucher with a credit card number you can use online. I'm not sure how well it would work with WOW, as they might get suspisous if your credit card number keeps changing, but you could use it to buy game cards from amazon or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

abccormac wrote:
    Isn't their a crowd that does some sort of credit card voucher things now? You buy them with cash, and they give you a voucher with a credit card number you can use online. I'm not sure how well it would work with WOW, as they might get suspisous if your credit card number keeps changing, but you could use it to buy game cards from amazon or something.

irish permanent i think do the 3v things, but afaik the cheapest one is 250euro, might be worth ringing them up about it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

The WoW game cards are 2 months of play for around 30 euro..

The other cards that people are talking about are just general cards you can buy that act like a credit card but only have so much money on them... they should work for wow i'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Ropeh you better be coming to the Terenas server (horde side) or else!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

There is a new thread about lowbies on a fresh server, if you're interested check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

i'm *pretty* sure you can use 3v cards to pay for wow..

www.3v.ie -> free credit card thingy which you top up with credit, like a phone :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

i'm *positive* that 3v cards work, as i used mine this month....just make sure you have the right phone number registered on your card...its a bit awkward if you dont :o

Advertisement