Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How about a clean slate?

Options
  • 07-02-2006 10:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭

In light of my recent release from chokey following an outpouring of good will from my fellow boards punters (and also an outpouring of joy and relief from my detractors at being banged up in the first instance) I would like to humbly request that I be allowed back in to a number of fora that I have inadvertantly allowed myself to be banned from over the course of time.

I'm thinking specifically of the motors forum which was a favourite haunt, but there may be one or two others I can't remember.

If any mods for these fora feel like joining in the spirit of general reprieve it would be much appreciated.

And finally a Stranglers quote for all you New Wave fans - Let out all the prisoners, 'cos that's a jubilee

Its good to be back :D
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

PM the specific mods, only they have the power to decide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

And if not, at least you're back in any case :)

Not too bad considering you were seemingly perm site banned a day or so ago. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

PM the specific mods

Aha, ok will do. One of these days I'll get the hang of how this place works.
    And if not, at least you're back in any case

At least partially thanks to your good self. Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

magpie wrote:
    Not really, the "free magpie" thing was irritating me and I have to say the temptation to extend the ban beyond my original decision (that I'd let you out when an AH mod said you were unbanned from AH) was there, but it would hardly have been fair to keep you banned because other people were irritating me in your name.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Talliesin wrote:
    Not really, the "free magpie" thing was irritating me and I have to say the temptation to extend the ban beyond my original decision (that I'd let you out when an AH mod said you were unbanned from AH) was there, but it would hardly have been fair to keep you banned because other people were irritating me in your name.
    Is this a template for the future so?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

magpie wrote:

I wouldn't compare your recent freedom to Nelson Mandela's 27 year imprisonment. I would go further and proclaim yourself as the return of Jesus Himself.

ALL HEIL MAGPIE! THE TRUE SON OF GOD!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Heh Heh Heh

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

There we go, much more like it.

(Don't worry I still have the other link...)

Seamus, you made my dream come true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

amp wrote:
    Seamus, you made my dream come true.
    You said you were visiting your sick grandmother last night Seamus!!!

/runs off in floods of tears & regret for not being there to watch

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Hobart wrote:
    Is this a template for the future so?
    More a template of the past. The "Free XXX" campaigns used to really dog boards before the Prison forum. Now with the Prison forum the site-banned can either make a case for their release, or else remind everyone what knobs they are, as the case may be.

I would go further and proclaim yourself as the return of Jesus Himself.

ALL HEIL MAGPIE! THE TRUE SON OF GOD!

Finally, you get the point.

One question though, how can Jesus have Jesus inside? Is this one of these theological paradoxes that I know you all love to debate long into the night?
    Exactly how many angels can you fit on the head of a needle?

In Nomine Patri et Filii et Spiritu Sanctu. Amen.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yes, it's a theological paradox. Given that the Holy Trinity is both comprised of, and is separately Jesus, God and the Holy Spirit, it's say to say that Jesus has Jesus Inside :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I like the new look. :D

Bless you my son

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

How the hell did you know i sneezed? my god, you really ARE jesus!

I also know that you forsook me in another thread not so long ago. But I forgive you.

Did i? cool. linkage.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054884525&page=4

and I quote
    You know, i never liked magpie. i think i'll go dance in the garden or somesuch. not cus he was banned, just cus its fun.

The garden in question being the Garden of Gethsemene no doubt you Judas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭boardy

magpie wrote:
    The garden in question being the Garden of Gethsemene no doubt you Judas.

Now this is entertainment.
    And to think that we could have missed out on these funny comebacks.

• Advertisement

I was thinking the garden of eden - i'll be sitting up in the orchard, eating those apples, you the angry god farmer shouting at me from below, telling me you'll tan my hide if you ever catch me, and shaking your fist in anger....

...i miss my childhood.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

magpie wrote:
    In light of my recent release from chokey following an outpouring of good will from my fellow boards punters (and also an outpouring of joy and relief from my detractors at being banged up in the first instance) I would like to humbly request that I be allowed back in to a number of fora that I have inadvertantly allowed myself to be banned from over the course of time.

I'm thinking specifically of the motors forum which was a favourite haunt, but there may be one or two others I can't remember.

If any mods for these fora feel like joining in the spirit of general reprieve it would be much appreciated.

And finally a Stranglers quote for all you New Wave fans - Let out all the prisoners, 'cos that's a jubilee

Its good to be back :D

who are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Thats spartacus

The thing about being Jesus is that ultimately you've got to get nailed to a cross....

Magpie banned from Games Cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

amp wrote:

Magpie banned from Games Cat.

LOL, Now that's just plain evil.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

*nails other hand*

magpie banned from For Sales category. :v:

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

magpie banned from archery.[1]

*pokes feebly with a bent reed*

[1] j/k

Magpie banned from Mythology.

thats roughly equivalent to having your hair ruffled by a light breeze btw, for those of you who have never suffered that pain.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

banned from PI in order to pre-emptively stop him whinging about all his other bans

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Not banned from FS Mobiles as he/she didn't do anything to warrent a ban (yet).

For shame....

Advertisement