Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[EL or FAINL] Licence results

• 07-02-2006 10:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

The initial stage of the 2006 Club Licensing process has concluded with 21 of the 22 eircom League clubs receiving a League Licence. The FAI Club Licensing Committee, made up of independent experts in the fields of finance, safety, legal, sporting administration and infrastructure, evaluated the data submitted by the clubs in the five categories at their meeting today, February 6th.

The one remaining club which was not awarded a League Licence at this stage has five working days from receipt of written notification of the decision to appeal to the FAI Club Licensing Appeals Body, which is made up of a separate panel of independent experts.

Commenting on the results, FAI Chief Executive Officer, John Delaney, said, “the progress of the past two years under the Club Licensing scheme is very encouraging”. “The long term viability of the FAI National League is very much linked to clubs’ ability to achieve the standards set by the UEFA Club Licensing process and clubs are making progress year by year”, he said.

Chairman of the eircom League, Paddy McCaul, said, “the Clubs deserve great credit for their efforts in achieving the licensing standard this year and I am delighted with the progress now being made under the licensing system.”

The four eircom League clubs who have qualified for UEFA club competitions this year, Cork City, Derry City, Drogheda United and Shelbourne will be evaluated for their UEFA Licence in May 2006.

And loser is...................
    Longford Town

Only club to not get at the 1st time of asking, now assuming everone submitted the correct figures and all the criteria are met(ie no cheating) , this is a huge off the pitch step as the licence criteria are harder to meet this time of asking.

Pats had to knock down the shed and extend the pitch and numerous other ground related things inc toilets and now you will pay at the stiles so no double Qing.

/Also FAI seem to be referring to the league as FAI National League rather than Eircom League.

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Good news all round. Well, except De Town obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Longford to launch immediate appeal:
    Longford Town have vowed to launch an immediate appeal against the decision of the FAI Club Licensing First Instance Committee to deny them a license to compete in the eircom Leagues this year.

Longford was the only one of the 22 league clubs to have their licensing application turned down by the committee following their meeting yesterday (February 6th).

The Flancare Park side now have five working days to appeal the decision, and they are confident of making the grade in the coming days.

Club secretary Frank Murtagh told the club’s official website: “The club is disappointed that they were unsuccessful in their application for a Premier Division licence, but we will be launching an immediate appeal. We are very confident that we will be granted a licence following that appeal.”

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/offthefield/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=21048

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Longford. What an embarrassment they are. I suppose Matthews will blame summer football for posting the stuff to the wrong address?

Seriously though,I really wonder how Waterford got a license? The RSC is without doubt the worst ground in the country. If they closed off everywhere but the stand I'd understand, but they havent. In fact, having the ground open is a hazard. The last few times City have been down to Waterford, there was about 1000 travelling - and as many of them as possible are coraled into the left side of the stand. Its ridiculously oversold and dangerous. There is no segregation, which hasnt caused a problem, but thats down to the fact that most City and Waterford fans are alright.

On the ground, there is just a barrier surrounding the ground, which when we are in town there would be 4 people deep. Again, dangerous.

Fair play to all this year though, except Longford. Its refreshing to see clubs having their houses in order for a change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

They tore down the old shed in oriel park sorry to see it go , but we got our licence and its the way forward !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭speriamo

gimmick wrote:
    Longford. What an embarrassment they are. I suppose Matthews will blame summer football for posting the stuff to the wrong address?

Seriously though,I really wonder how Waterford got a license? The RSC is without doubt the worst ground in the country. If they closed off everywhere but the stand I'd understand, but they havent. In fact, having the ground open is a hazard. The last few times City have been down to Waterford, there was about 1000 travelling - and as many of them as possible are coraled into the left side of the stand. Its ridiculously oversold and dangerous. There is no segregation, which hasnt caused a problem, but thats down to the fact that most City and Waterford fans are alright.

On the ground, there is just a barrier surrounding the ground, which when we are in town there would be 4 people deep. Again, dangerous.

Fair play to all this year though, except Longford. Its refreshing to see clubs having their houses in order for a change.

If you think the RSC is the worst ground in the country then you havent followed the league for long obviously. Ever been to Athlone or Limericks grounds? Bishopstown was miles worse in its day. Waterford have plans to build another stand opposite the main stand which is one of the best in the league.

• Advertisement

If you think the RSC is the worst ground in the country then you havent followed the league for long obviously.

I dont need to have to tell you how long I have been supporting this league. Why do people always use that stupid logic? Suffice to say, I have supported City for more than half my life, not that that makes any difference to my argument :rolleyes:

Now if you read my post, which I suspect you didn't, you would see that i feel the RSC is a very unsafe ground. I have been to St Mels a few times, Ive been to Limerick a few times, likewise Cobh, Bray, who all have awful grounds as well, but they are safe, and thats my main point.

And what do you mean by "bishopstown in its day"? Bishopstown was at best a work in progress, at worst a bloody bad idea, but never unsafe.

And as for Watefords plan, it is for a 600 seater stand, which will be used for away fans. Hardly the answer to sort out, what I beleive is an awful ground. But I suppose at least they have one!
    the main stand which is one of the best in the league.

No it isnt. if you sit in either extreme of this stand you cannot see the goal to your left/right. It leaks and a big number of the seats are broken. The PA cant be heard at the back of it either. It might be impressive looking, but as a football stand, its useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭speriamo

Here is your exact quote "The RSC is without doubt the worst ground in the country."

Eh wrong. Dont sit in the corners of the stand............

speriamo wrote:
    Here is your exact quote "The RSC is without doubt the worst ground in the country."

And I believe that, and I specified the reasons why I feel it is. Whats so hard to comprehend?
    speriamo wrote:
    Eh wrong. Dont sit in the corners of the stand............

Whats wrong? I dont have a choice but to go to the corner of the stand, thats the away section. It is either that, or stand at a crowded barrier, which is likely to collapse if there is even a hint of a push. Its a moot point anyway, as I wont be going to Waterford this, or any other season again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

its prob the worst in the EL but D1 has a few stinkers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

gimmick wrote:

Nearly as embarassing as watching the carkies try to walk straight with the notions of grandeur ye have.

• Advertisement

^ Touché

Advertisement