Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance Company fcuk up?!

Options
  • 07-02-2006 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭

I moved into a newly built apartment last April 2005 and immediately put insurance in place. I gave my laser card details over the phone and they promptly sent out the policy with all the particulars on it.

I received a registered letter yesterday from the company saying they "could not trace having received payment". Now I've a sneeking suspicion they never processed the payment. With all the money that left my account last April, for furniture, bedding, kitchen stuff etc etc, I only really spot checked my bank account! But in saying that I didn't see any payment for the insurance.

They're saying now that if I don't pay within 7 days, they will "assume I don't want cover, and cancel the policy"

What would you lot do?!
    1) Let them cancel it and get a new policy elsewhere and insure from now for another year? or
    2) Pay up?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

The best thing is call them and discuss with them, if you paid by credit card then ask then what there company details are and check with the credit card company.it should really be a big issue to check it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

The first thing you need to do is go back through your bank statements to see if the payment was made, if not then you have not been insured since last April.

If the insurance company are looking for the payment to be backdated to April I would tell them were to go and get another policy commencing from now with another insurer. If you had tried to made a claim you wouldn't have gotten a penny from them that's for sure so don't go backdating payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Exactly ^. You don't owe them backdated money because you weren't insured, which they would have been quick to tell you had you made a claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Do you have an actual policy or just a proposal? I suggest you find a broker - quick.

If you have an accident or claim now, you might have a problem.

Advertisement