Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Slept on?

• 07-02-2006 12:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭

Are Jurrasic 5 one of the most slept on groups? I was listening to 2fm yesterday evening and I couldn't believe that J5 were being played. I never hear anything about them. Also are Jurrasic 5 and DJ Format linked in any way? They sound really really similar.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

They would probably be the most well known group that would be considered underground. When they have a concert here it will sell out every time. Slept on in the sense they haven't had huge commercial success yeah, otherwise no.

No not linked with DJ Format, but the song We Know Something You Don't Know off Music for the Mature B-Boy features Chali 2na and Akil.

Jurassic btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

A guy I know once described Jurassic 5 & Blackalicous, underground Hip Hop for people not into Hip Hop. Pretty fitting :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Klimseven

Underground Hip-Hop for people who drive SUVs and drink coffee in starbucks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Sajan

I think thats a stupid comment about them being underground for people and dont like Hip Hop and the comment following it.

Its snobery. J5 have paved the way for a lot of artists into the more mainstream. And without them the so called true "underground" acts as i'm sure you guys are really into wouldn't be in existense. So Lads. Just get over the fact that if a group can sell a few albums and sell out a venue makes them a less respected act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Klimseven

I was joking, it was a joke, I made a joke, a joke was made

• Advertisement
Advertisement