Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stay on under-eye concealer

• 07-02-2006 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hello, Ive been useing a bobbi-brown concealer for the last while. Looks great when just applied but cracks and dissappers after a while.

I'm looking for one that stays on from morning till evening, doesn't crack and could also sustain any mad nights out.

Any suggestions???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

I use one from Estee Lauder called 'Dis-appear' its great and a tube lasts ages. Touch Eclat is also good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

YSL Touche Eclat has more staying power than any other I've used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Bluebells

Yea I tried the ysl touche eclat, was grand but it didnt look natural, didnt stay on too well for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Hey, you could be using a moisturiser that is too greasy for your skin which would make your concealer slip off your face so check that out.

Also, are you using your fingers or a brush? Remember to use it sparingly and it's a good idea to warm it slightly on your fingers before application and blend it by dabbing as opposed to pulling on your skin which is really delicate around the eye area.

Also, if your current foundation is working well for you, try one that is made by the same company as one should complement the other ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Touche Eclat is the absolute best I've ever used!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭lazydaisy

Touche eclat is a highlighter not a concealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Alli Babba

wat is the difference then from Concealer and a highlighter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

To be honest I never understood all the fuss about touche eclat-it always looks stripy under my eyes!Its odd cos I tried all the expensive ones and none of them stayed on!so I brought the under eye concelear from 'collection 2000' and it is brilliant!stays on all day andnever creases!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

panda100 wrote:
    To be honest I never understood all the fuss about touche eclat-it always looks stripy under my eyes!

It doesn't seem to suit everyone, I think it very much depends on your skin type and tone. I started using it on a friend's recommendation a few years ago but then I suggested it to my mum and she said she found it too light and prefers a creamier concealer (she's got very different skin to me, mine's pale and quite dry).
    lazydaisy wrote:
    Touche eclat is a highlighter not a concealer.

True, that's why I think it tends to work better on pale skin tones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭lazydaisy

Alli Babba wrote:
    wat is the difference then from Concealer and a highlighter

Well, a concealer is used to hide [sun damage, dark circles, blemishes] and a highlighter is used to brighten certain areas. So touch eclat would be used in areas like under the brow bone to emphasize the lines of your brows or above the cheek bones, nose bone etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Sheera

I got a La Roche-Posay one called Unifiance in my local chemist & find it really good for staying power. Its VERY thick though but I have vicious black circles. Benefit Boing is also quite good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Never realised that about Touche Eclat. All I know is that it is fantastic for removing the shadows under my eyes. For the sake of it, I have very typical fair Irish skin with reddy-blonde hair and freckles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Bluebells

Hey, thanks for all the tips. I tried a mac concealor which is ok, looks natural, stays on but not as much coverage as I expected. Just trial and error I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

i've been using the No 7 concealer for years...it's pretty good for under the eyes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭esperanza

I've found the best quality concealer to be Rimmel's. Only 5 or 6 euros and it does a great job of covering up spots, dark circles and any other blemishes. They also do a good range of skin tones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 130 ✭✭brid_m

I use tesco's make-up one. It is a light reflecting one, so you don't have those under the eye shadows. its not too dear, and i use it all the time!! there's a built in brush. Might be worth a try, before going to dearish ones

Advertisement