Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS2 future pricing

• 07-02-2006 3:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

With the PS3 set to come out anytime from this spring (Sony) to Christmas (EA), can anyone look into their crystal ball and tell me what sort of price slashing will go on for the PS2?

I want to buy one, and I wonder if the likes of Game et al will knock enough off the price to make the wait worth my while. I could just go buy one with a few games on eBay right now, but if anyone thinks that would be a waste of good money (and I'm happy to wait for the right price), then let me know.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Apip99

Personaly, if I were looking, I would get hold of one second hand. Not only are they cheep now, but you can also get them with games extra controlers, stering wheel etc.

Loads of people have sold up or are selling up to buy the XBOX360. And I recon by the time the PS3 comes out (some time in 2012 at the rate they are going) that you'll be picking them up for next to nothing.

Keep an eye on http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=455 and trusty old Ebay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

At drop at E3 (May) seems probable. Although PS2s appear to be happily selling at this price, and I'm sure Sony is glad of the profit, particularly while transitioning to PS3 (think of it this way, a higher PS2 price, for longer, might give us a cheaper PS3 than we might otherwise get, as they could help subsidise its cost with PS2 revenue ;)).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

LookingFor wrote:
    At drop at E3 (May) seems probable. Although PS2s appear to be happily selling at this price, and I'm sure Sony is glad of the profit, particularly while transitioning to PS3 (think of it this way, a higher PS2 price, for longer, might give us a cheaper PS3 than we might otherwise get, as they could help subsidise its cost with PS2 revenue ;)).

ps2's current profits are subsidising the losses it's made. CELL chips being stuffed into tv's, blu-ray players, vaio gaming laptops, etc. will fund ps3 :)

Advertisement