Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripwave in Cork City

• 07-02-2006 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Anyone got ripwave around the southside of Cork city?? If so is it good,bad or indifferent??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭wavin

have it on barrack st
    its terrible.a little better than dial up.
    a customer service person said to me that they put too many people on it in the area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

One of the lads had it.. Never worked... EVER!
    rebellad wrote:
    Anyone got ripwave around the southside of Cork city?? If so is it good,bad or indifferent??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Thats coz the south of the city has no hills and is full of flats hence the name for southsiders > flatlanders... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭JMcL

rebellad wrote:
    My brother in law has it in the city center (Lavitts Quay). It's appalling. The only time it's usable is early on a Sunday morning, other than that it's congested beyond belief.

It's not an issue of poor signal - it worked fine for a fair while after he first got it around a year ago. It's purely contention/backhaul or whatever other networking ineptitude IBB can come up with.

I'd avoid unless you've absolutely no other choice.

J.

Advertisement