Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Digital connecting to USB TV tuner

• 07-02-2006 3:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Anyone have any experience connecting NTL Digital to your PC/laptop? I have an AverMedia external USB TV tuner, and while I can connect my analog tv signal no problem, I haven't been able to connect the digital to the laptop. Tried a scart to RCA cable to no avail.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Cheers

bru

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

bruachain wrote:
    Hi,

Anyone have any experience connecting NTL Digital to your PC/laptop? I have an AverMedia external USB TV tuner, and while I can connect my analog tv signal no problem, I haven't been able to connect the digital to the laptop. Tried a scart to RCA cable to no avail.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Cheers

bru

im assuming you are taking the signal from the box right? Some SCART adaptors and cables are directional which could cause a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

im assuming you are taking the signal from the box right? Some SCART adaptors and cables are directional which could cause a problem.

Yes. I'm taking the signal directly from the silver NTL digital box. I've tried a scart to RCA cable, and using a standar tv cable, but nothing doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

This might seem like a silly question, but you're sure your tuner can handle digital? I thought some of them are analog only, and some are digital.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

yes it can.

I'm trying to get the feed from the digibox to my tv card. Do I need an SVideo cable to do it?

Advertisement