Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Broken 6230 to K750i?

• 07-02-2006 3:56pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I had been using a Nokia 6230 for a few months, which whilst not the newest or most advanced phone on the market, but it worked reliably and well.

It was insured, luckily as it turns out. On Monday the phone fell out of my pocket whilst crossing a busy street, and was reduced to hundreds of bits by a passing van.

I filled in the insurance claim form and got it stamped by the Gardai, and the Co. called my today offering to give me a new 6230, or basically any other new upgraded handset at additional cost.

I've read good things about the S.E. K750i and was interested what you'd think of their offer for one of these for €140. Is this a good deal? Should I look at any other model instead?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

140 is steep. On Meteor Upgrade, the highest price you will pay is 109. Mention that.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

That's the trouble it's not an upgrade, just a phone replacement.

They'll give me another 6230 free but I dant to stay up to date, and she said the K750i sim free retail is almost €400.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I'm suprised they still have any 6230s to give you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

That's the trouble it's not an upgrade, just a phone replacement.

They'll give me another 6230 free but I dant to stay up to date, and she said the K750i sim free retail is almost €400.

The k750i is worth 140 easily but it was be got for cheaper. On Meteor Talk 60, it's only 129. How long is left on your contract? You can always claim and early upgrade and sign a longer contract, or just take the 6230 and let your contract run out.

It's up to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

ask them togive u a 6230i instead of the 6230

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

6 months left on existing contract.

6230i is €99 on a replacemet basis.

I don't want another 6230, although my experieince with the busted one was good. You have to move onwards I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

you can get new simfree k750i's on ebay for around 240. I have to say, its an excellent phone. Best OS EVER!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Tusky wrote:
    you can get new simfree k750i's on ebay for around 240. I have to say, its an excellent phone. Best OS EVER!

glad you enjoy ;)

Tusky wrote:

I saw that, so perhaps the €140 isn't too bad.

Advertisement