Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby Challenge 2006

Options
  • 07-02-2006 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

Anyone get this game / had a go of it yet? I always get suckered into buying these rugby games and they are usually stinky! My favourite of all of them was Johna Lomu Rugby for the PS1. Great gameplay, i was a master at that game. Just shows that graphics aren't all that important really as i think that it is still better than any of the offerings from EA.
    This new game comes from the creators of Jonah Lomu rugby so maybe we're on a winner here. I must say that the screenshots i've seen look pretty poor. It's gameplay i'm after though!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

MunkyHed wrote:
    Anyone get this game / had a go of it yet? I always get suckered into buying these rugby games and they are usually stinky! My favourite of all of them was Johna Lomu Rugby for the PS1. Great gameplay, i was a master at that game. Just shows that graphics aren't all that important really as i think that it is still better than any of the offerings from EA.
    This new game comes from the creators of Jonah Lomu rugby so maybe we're on a winner here. I must say that the screenshots i've seen look pretty poor. It's gameplay i'm after though!

Yeay, it's a sequel to World Championship Rugby from couple of years ago.
    I really like it for gameplay but there wasn't much depth. Just a knockout
    tournament and some classic games to replay. Presume they might have
    expanded the new one though. People I knew who had played Jonah
    were fairly positive toward it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

EA Rugby 2006 is out next week.. looks very good

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

this got delivered today from play.com, good graphiics etc. plays very like lomu, still seem to drop kick it when punting and the rucks are still slow enough but a decent effort.

Also same old rule mistakes such as when kicking from hand over the oppositions deadball area it still results in a 22 instead of a scrum back and when tackled when the tacklers feet are in touch no lineout is given.

Also unlike ea rugby there are no preplanned moves to do from set positions like scrums etc

Advertisement