Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dairy Free

• 07-02-2006 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭

Excuse my ignorance if this is a dumb question....

I am searching for a dairy free icecream for a child who gets bad excema if she has dairy products. I have come across one that is Lactose Free - is this the same as dairy free (its called sweedish glac).

If not, has anybody come across a dairy free icecream?

thanks for your help....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭ShayHT

Yeah, I buy it (Swedish Glace) cause its vegan, very very nice :p (Strawberry, Vanilla, Chocolate)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

That product may be dairy free, but there can be lactose free dairy products too, like Goats milk. Lactose free doesn't automatically imply dairy free. Glad you found a treat for your kiddy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Anto and Moe

Groovy: cram free Icecream... Where can I find it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭SCULLY

ice cream purchased....one very happy 5 year old!!!

many thanks guys!!

BTW I bought the icecream in Superquinn (naas) but I'm sure all Superquinn

sell it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭direbadger

Hey Scully! You'll get "Tofutti cuties" in any good, large health shop. They're sort of like those ice creams Eskimo Snacks if you can remember them - yummers! There's another yoke called Rock 'n Roll which is sort of like vegan Vienetta (sp?) but I always hated that stuff anyway (the thoughts of it reminds me of that Sunday-afternoon-school-tomorrow feeling!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭embraer170

Aren't most sorbets dairy free?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭SCULLY

direbadger wrote:
    Hey Scully! You'll get "Tofutti cuties" in any good, large health shop. They're sort of like those ice creams Eskimo Snacks if you can remember them - yummers! There's another yoke called Rock 'n Roll which is sort of like vegan Vienetta (sp?) but I always hated that stuff anyway (the thoughts of it reminds me of that Sunday-afternoon-school-tomorrow feeling!)

will check it out - cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭ShayHT

I thought so, but a chef friend imforms me they are made using egg???

The tofrutti brand also do great cornetto thingies!
    embraer170 wrote:
    Aren't most sorbets dairy free?

Advertisement