Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Recommend me a mechanic/company to check a 15 year old VW I'm looking at.

Options
  • 07-02-2006 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hi All,

Looking for a comprehensive check - any reccomendations?

Cheers,

Guv.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Does it have an NCT? You are likely to spend the cost of the car getting it checked - the AA and the RAC will check it for you but last time I looked it was expensive.

Post ten high res. pics of it and I'll give you a comprehensive check for free...

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭fits

what kind of vee dub?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭easy guv'nor

an old one :)

any ideas folks?

AA or RAC my only options??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Oh if your going to be silly about it, bring it to a main VW dealer.

'c

Ah here - I'm the one being silly??

Thought there'd be loads of recommendations - turns out the RAC don't do secondhand vehicle inspections, and the AA won't do 15 year old vehicles.

• Advertisement

If it is a golf, scirocco or corrado, Pembroke garage is good. The owner is a vee dub nut and has an imacculate Gti. I'm sure he could have a go at the others too.

Go on... tell us what it is!

yep old corrado

I'll try that chap if I like the look of it - cheers.

he is on pembroke lane

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Where is the Corrado you are looking at? There isn't many around. Is it in Dublin(red G60) or Killarney(Maroon g60) by any chance. I could point you in the right direction as I know a few owners all over the country. You need to check with somebody who appreciates them (not neccessarly a VW Garage). Try your man mentioned already though.

Advertisement