Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

20GB MP3 Hard-drive for your VW or Audi

Options
  • 07-02-2006 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

On Boards I recently organised a Group Buy on the 20GB PhatNoise in car MP3 system that just plugs & plays into Audi & VW factory stereos via the the CD changer terminal.

I have been asked by a couple of people to look at another group buy, so I am throwing it in here to see if anyone is interested then I'll move it to the for sale section where most people picked up on the last thread.

On a group buy of 5 people or more these land into the country for approx €250 each, including all shipping, import duty & VAT. VW & Audi dealer price here ranges between €600 - €800.

See description below for what this is & how it works & check out the official site. It's pure genius!

Official website -
    http://www.phatnoise.com/products/digitalmediaplayers/index.php
    Old group-buy link
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=298900

Shout if you are interested.

Excerpt from original group buy thread ...................................

Audi have collaborated with Kenwood and produced an MP3 Storage / Changer unit, called the PhatNoise, that connects directly into your Audi / VW Factory Car Stereo (e.g Concert, Symphony etc) – you literally plug it into the CD Changer cable & it works just like a CD changer but obviously runs MP3 and is easier to install. It took me less than 10 minutes to put into the car myself & I did not even have to remove my radio!

Basically it holds up to approx 10,000 songs and even uses a computer voice to read out the names of the artist, album etc for easy music selection!
    I got rid of all the CD’s from my car and now have my full music collection of 20GB of songs in the car permanently! No more rummaging for CDs, FM transmitters from the iPod or stray wires & cables!

The 20GB Cartridge holds thousands of songs, depending on file type & size. The MP3 changer is controlled via the normal function buttons on your radio and there is also a Voice Operation that reads out the name of the artist, album or genre to you for easy music selection so you don’t even have to look down!

This is a genuine Audi Part (Part Number 000057110A) & it comes with all manuals, software (very similar to the Creative Mediasource) , 20GB Digital Music Storage Cartridge & a docking station for your PC to download your tracks from.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Smirky

All or any feedback on this appreciated .... Cheers. S

Advertisement