Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Self Motivation?

• 07-02-2006 5:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭

What is the key to Self motivation????
    Just been really shattered of late and have little or no energy,
    Pls don't tell me there is always a light at the end of the tunnel.

Just looking for a few key ideas
    Would appreciate your thoughts

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Look for a few little victories in your day, things you can "pat yourself on the back for" ,don't beat yourself up, get some exercise. Then try and see why it's happening. If you can't do it on your own seek help. Boards is fine but professional help is better. There is also that quote from Émile Coué - "Every day in every way I am getting better and better" which might help as a mantra. Most of all find things to feel good about however small. Good luck. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

drink less coffee
    drink more water
    get more excercise
    get your eyes tested
    eat more fruit
    eat less junk food
    get more sleep
    go to bed earlier
    cut out drink
    dont smoke

but trust me on the sunscreen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

Do you exercise? Take up something you like doing (footie, swimming?). I always feel more energised/motivated/awake after a good game of footie, even if I was bolloxed before it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

goals.

make little daily goals and try to achieve them, that will lead to the bigger goals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Nutrition is a very big thing to get you through each day & as Nutz said, set goals each day.

Even for small things like getting to work/college on time and just keep building up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

get your eyes tested

Huh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Ra1ph

Check out some of Tony Robbins' stuff. He is a truely remarkable motivational speaker.

His 30 Day programme, Personal Power : Personal Power

or

His 7 Day Get the Edge Programme
    http://www.anthonyrobbins.com/SOLUTIONS/PRODUCTSDetail.aspx?ProductID=621
    might be the answer to your problem.
    They are a bit pricey but if they can get you out of a ruth it will be worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Have some pride in yourself and what you do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

py2006 wrote:
    Huh?

if you use a computer or rad a lot for youwork, and your eye sight is off, it can cause serious tiredness of the eyes and headaches, and absolutely drain you.

would you like me to text you about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Gaillimhtaibhse

Ichiro wrote:
    What is the key to Self motivation????
    Just been really shattered of late and have little or no energy,
    Pls don't tell me there is always a light at the end of the tunnel.

Just looking for a few key ideas
    Would appreciate your thoughts

Thanks

Lack of energy could be due to many factors. Not knowing you, I can only generate a best guess list:
    :v: Diet? Do you eat a lot of junk food, or eat healthy? Diet has been associated with energy (and motivation).
    :v: Fitness? Do you exercise and stay fit? If not, this could be a source of reduced energy.
    :v: Depressives? Do you drink a lot of alcohol? It's a depressive and can, when used a bit too much, reduce your energy (as well as leaving you hungover). There are also some recreational drugs that do the same.
    :v: Negative friends? Do you hang out with friends that tend to see the world in a negative light? Peer influences are big on motivation, one way or the other.
    :v: Mood problems? Do you cycle from feeling grand to feeling terrible frequently? If so, you may be bipolar and should seek the help of a counselor or other qualified professional.
    :rolleyes: Maybe it's none of the above; or some of the above; or all of the above; or gosh, I just don't have a clue (and that would go for both of us at this stage, not knowing you).

The best thing that I have going when attempting to pull myself out of the dumps is to do something that I enjoy and am pretty good at (and can get better at with practice). Something that is both positive and productive in some way. Two of my outlets are to do taekwondo workouts or attmept to write fiction. The small but productive side effects of these two results in improved health (TKD) or a publication or two (fiction writing). In the last case, in addition to getting a little boost from seeing your name in print, sometimes they pay you upon acceptance.

In addition to the best guess list above, my suggestion would be for you to find something that is positive and you are pretty good at (and could get better with practice), then "just do it!"

• Advertisement
Advertisement