Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone seen any W124 Estates in Wreckers

Options
  • 07-02-2006 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭

If anyone sees any W124 (86-96 merc estates) in any wreckers could they PM me or write on the thread. Looking to replace my tattered cloth interior with some leather. Sourced some black leather but holding out for cream.

Also looking for some 8 hole alloys.

Cheers.... (anyone here got W124's)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I've got some lovely 8 hole alloys

8holewheels.jpg

But they're mine, all mine! :D

Have you tickled www.buyandsell.ie ?

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭melikebanana

Nice One!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭phoenix_nights

Nice alloys.

Got quoted 350euros for a set of 4 with good tyres from a wreckers..

Does that seem a bit expensive ?

mike65 wrote:
    I've got some lovely 8 hole alloys

8holewheels.jpg

But they're mine, all mine! :D

Have you tickled www.buyandsell.ie ?

Mike.

I paid 100 euro for the above (that included the tyres, 2 of which have decent tread) and then worked on them until they look like that rather than
    this

wheelb.jpg

For a decent set to start with I guess 70-80 euro a wheel is typical.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

That's some good cleanin' Mike

• Advertisement

70-80 euros. Ok might try to get him down a bit. If they need some work do you refurnish professsional or was it just a once off.

(what series merc do you drive?)
    mike65 wrote:
    I paid 100 euro for the above (that included the tyres, 2 of which have decent tread) and then worked on them until they look like that rather than
    this

wheelb.jpg

For a decent set to start with I guess 70-80 euro a wheel is typical.

Mike.

I drive a 190e, all the wheels were in similair condition to the above. For a while I wondered if they'd be more than I could fix myself but its amzing what some sanding drill bits, rubbing compounds, paint stripper, oven cleaner and metal filler can do when covered in layers of paint!

Mike.

If you want to make a couple of extra bob and clean up my alloys when i get them (clonmel) pm me your details....
    mike65 wrote:
    I drive a 190e, all the wheels were in similair condition to the above. For a while I wondered if they'd be more than I could fix myself but its amzing what some sanding drill bits, rubbing compounds, paint stripper, oven cleaner and metal filler can do when covered in layers of paint!

Mike.

He! I'll pass on that offer, it took me months to do mine, what with various distractions so I'd be foolish to take on someone elses wheels. :)

MIke.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

i think its 100 per wheel for pro touch ups. so id see if i could get a good set rather than touch up a crap set.

• Advertisement
Advertisement