Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We love Katamari

Options
  • 07-02-2006 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭

Or rather we would if we could find the bloody thing. Has anyone seen it for sale in Dublin yet? I can't seem to lay my hands on it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

youll get it today. there was a delay from sony. it should be in shops today.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Ended up going to Gamestop in Henry Street to get it after ringing around pretty much every branch of GAME. No staff discount. Boo-urns. (but I was trading in the 2 crappy Xbox games I got when EA paid a visit to UCD last night) Can't wait to get home and play it!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Were there many copies in Gamestop? Might pop in tomorrow if I get the chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I got it in Gamestop on Friday, they seemed to have plenty.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Looking at the different covers the game has in different countries... i dont think we got the best...

Covers (large png)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Have the japanese version and the US original. It's more fun than a bag of monkeys. We Love Katamari is also much longer than the first game.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Rhyme wrote:
    Looking at the different covers the game has in different countries... i dont think we got the best...

Covers (large png)

I like the Korean one. The American looks like it was done by a 5-year-old on MSPaint in two minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

The Japanese one really caught my eye to be honest, the US one may try to capture some kind of innocence but its a load of tripe.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

what about the psp game, is that out? i haven't been at my ps2 in a while so don't want to invest in something i wont play

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

love the music its soo mad :)

katamari on the swing.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ended up going to Gamestop in Henry Street to get it after ringing around pretty much every branch of GAME. No staff discount. Boo-urns. (but I was trading in the 2 crappy Xbox games I got when EA paid a visit to UCD last night) Can't wait to get home and play it!
    Whats the verdict, Kirby?

It's great! Seriously, Keita Takahashi must have been so stoned when he came up with this.. It's just such a happy, trippy game.
    I'm very impressed :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The soundyrack is worth a purchase. My favourite song, think it's Everlasting or Eternal Love, love something anyway, makes me feel so happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

This game just didn't have any lasting appeal for me, more than likly as i got bored of it while the ball was still small.

Was fun for a while though and very original.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

You're being stupid balkie, stop being stupid.

I got a copy today and I am loving it, the king is hilarious and the music is so cool. I finally have a second reason to own a ps2.

The more of this game I play, the more I'm just loving it! The soundtrack is great, and it's just so addictive.

was gonna buy it the other day but saw the pricetag and thought "nah, i'll wait". it seems to me more of a novelty game, not a €60 investment i'll return to over and over again. i expected cheaper since the yanks got it for $20

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

I played this with a mate watching the first time yesterday, we were both in tears laughing, this is one messed up game :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Everybody should play this game alright. It's the first one that's made me laugh since Gitaroo Man, and that was 3 years ago.

I brought the game home and played it for 7 hours straight through to completion. It's been a good 5 years or so since I've been enjoying myself enough to do that as well.

Some people quantify how much the game is worth by how long it is. I go on how much fun I had. And I definately had €60 worth of fun. The same can't be said for GTA San Andreas regardless of how big it was.

Anyway, magnificent, magnificent game. First time I've had that genuine sense of wonder about a game in years.
    You just look up at the ferris wheel and think I'd love to roll that up. And you end up picking up all of the worlds greatest landmarks (including the great wall of china), Godzilla and whoever the giant robot he's fighting is, and eventually whole planets.
    It's bat-**** insane. Had a big smile plastered on my face by the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

thanks for the huge spoilers buddy :(

• Advertisement

I keep coming back to the Katamari games. They make me so happy for the rest of the day.

They really do just put a ridiculously huge smile on your face. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Gyre

I saw it in HMV in the city centre somewhere (I don't live there), downstairs on the chart shelf for friggin €60!

But I recommend whoever wants to buy it, get it as soon as you can. Original games don't last very long in this part of the world. For instance, Ico went off the market (now back on), Fantanasia is VERY rare and Rez is virtually impossible to find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I see Rez all the time. Gamestop in Ennis is rotten with both new and 2nd hand copies. There used to be plenty in Game and Smyths in Limerick too.

Why are people put off by the €60 price point? It's a new release.

Why are people put off by the €60 price point? It's a new release.

stateside they got it for $20 and in japan it came with a free toy or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭loki_atwa

hooray got this today its the best game ive played in ages, also im a proud owner of guitaroo man to thats insane stuff

I finished the game last night. I have to say, it's the best game I've played in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

can anyone explain what exactly you do in the game? I was gonna get black but this seem's like it might be worth a look

Basically, you have a sticky ball (the katamari) and you have to roll up objects within each level to fulfil a certain objective. The objective could be reaching a certain size in a certain time, how fast can you reach a certain size, gather as many of a particular type of object as possible, keep a burning katamari alight by not going too long without picking up something... It sounds really simple, but it's just so addictive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement