Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

His Dark Materials

Options
  • 07-02-2006 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Was just wondering if anyone knows if the stage adaptation of His Dark Materials trilogy of books by Philip Pullman will be staged in Ireland at any time?

Really want to see it!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭curliq

oh, i didnt know they were doing a stage version! oooh! me want to see! yeh, i haven't heard of it being on anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

Was on in London - looks cool!

Check out http://gallery.sraf.org/stage_play for pictures!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Wow... that looks simply amazing. They have all the little daemons in there being operated by pupateers and everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

It's on in the O'Reilly theatre but not 'til March 2007 I'm afraid..

Cool! Thanks!

Where is that theater?

• Advertisement

It's Belvedere's theatre on Great Denmark St off Parnell Square.

I'll mark it in my calender.

Thanks for the info! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

The one in the O Reilly theatre is a Belvedere and Other Schools' production, it's not the one from London but apparently they're renting the set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I'm one of the creative directors for the play and yes we are going to be renting some costumes but apparently they can't lend us the properties. It's annoying. We will be having puppet daemons and things will look kick ass. Also we'll probably be adapting the stage in a certain way. You'll see in good time.

Hef out.

Kev you said you'd tell me when the Auditions are on, any news yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Can I audition for the part of the golden monkey?

On a note of interest we're having a meeting this Saturday to get together the technical team. Of course it's only open to Belvedere students, but I thought somebody might be interested to know that things are certainly moving along.

All sounds cool! Looking forward to seeing it. If you remember, could you PM me when you know the dates it will be on? I know its a long way off yet but with my swiss cheese brain I'll forget :confused: ! I'll be able to assemble a gaggle of us from Galway to go and see it.

Are ye sticking to the themes in the books or will ye be watering down the religious aspects a little?

Damn I wish my school had half the drama (and facilities) you do :(

Kev, is it true that there's gonna be computer graphics used??

Regards auditions, is Gerry gonna have them the same time as the Opera ones??

Where are you getting these rumours? Lol.

I've been hearing lotsa stuff about it! Have some friends either in the cast or on stagecrew and they have heard different rumours..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Stonehead

Yeah it's going to be on in our school next year. I dont know if only students and their families can attend though...Haven't actually gone to a play yet, and it's been 4 years.

As for getting the set from London, that's a possibility. I know Mr. Haugh is correlating with some guy from England for the music program.

Gerry was asking me to set up the music program they'll be using [Absynth]. I don't know if he wants me to actually set up the music for the thing though. I missed the meeting a few weeks back. Do you know if it's too late to get into the technical team, Kevin?

I think I heard something about holograms too. . .:rolleyes:

It's never too late to do anything. Just be useful and you should be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Stonehead

Yeah so I saw him in the hallway outside my class talking to Jim so I just asked him and he said yeah. How often does the technical team meet up or whatever?

I honestly don't know much about the technical team. There hasn't been a creative meeting for a few weeks. I suggest you find someone on the technical team and have a chat with them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Oh, I really want to see this on stage!
    Great news.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 The Incredible

I found this site by searching HDM on the interweb. So your honestly saying that the Stage Play is coming to Ireland. No joke?

Can I audition for a part then?:)

Well it's being done by Belvedere College so you're eiher going to have to be in Belvedere or a girl between the age of 16 and 17 (maybe 18).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 The Incredible

You have got to be joking!!! :mad:

nah I'm a guy. bloody hell. Goddam.

So is this gonna be big, like famous or just a little private school thing?

Has the President been cast as well?

Well we're not allowed to say much. We want it to be big.

Advertisement