Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy and Sell

Options
  • 07-02-2006 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

Could we set this thread up as a sticky as I think people could use this type of service especially since we're all living in the same area. It could save people buying and selling elsewhere and this could be peoples first port of call before embarking on the buy and sell magazine etc...
    We'd need a "For Sale" and "Requests" section in here.

I know there's a seperate buy and sell section on boards but I think this could work. If not then delete this thread administrator.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 newcomeramy

I agree, sounds a great idea. Got some gear in the buy and sell to get rid of myself!

Amy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

keith123 wrote:
    Could we set this thread up as a sticky as I think people could use this type of service especially since we're all living in the same area. It could save people buying and selling elsewhere and this could be peoples first port of call before embarking on the buy and sell magazine etc...
    We'd need a "For Sale" and "Requests" section in here.

I know there's a seperate buy and sell section on boards but I think this could work. If not then delete this thread administrator.

Hi Keith,

Only the site administrators have the power to set up forums, moderators of an individual forum can not set up sub-forums under one they moderate.

I don't know if there is much point in sticky-ing one thread for the For Sale stuff as one transaction could span a couple of pages.

What I would suggest is just start a thread if you have something for sale using the For Sale charter as a guideline.

The main FS Rules on boards are:
    • Post a guide line price.
    • Don't include phone or email contact details
    • All dealing must be done on thread - not through Private Messages (excluding actual payment / delivery details etc)
    • Do not cross post in multiple forums

If you don't sell it here, and decide to put it into the main FS forums then please let me know so I can close the original thread.

As much as I would like to be relaxed about this sort of thing, you have to keep in mind that this is primarily a boards.ie forum, and we have to abide by those rules.

Eoin

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

Looking for a second hand bike - pay around 50 euro for it.
    Has to be large frame (22-24") - nothing fancy.

Post some pics if you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Marcais

keith123 wrote:
    Looking for a second hand bike - pay around 50 euro for it.
    Has to be large frame (22-24") - nothing fancy.

Post some pics if you can.

They're selling fairly good new bikes for €80 nowadays, check out the Argos catalogue. I got my bike in Engalnd of Price Drop TV for £65 and it's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

You see I dont want a new bike because I'll be leaving it in dublin city every night. The bike I have now is on its last legs and I want to get something similar thats not too eye catching to thieves if you know what I mean.

So, it does't matter how bad the bike looks - the worse the better. It might just be a bike you have lying in the shed that you want to get rid of for nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

keith123 wrote:
    You see I dont want a new bike because I'll be leaving it in dublin city every night. The bike I have now is on its last legs and I want to get something similar thats not too eye catching to thieves if you know what I mean.

So, it does't matter how bad the bike looks - the worse the better. It might just be a bike you have lying in the shed that you want to get rid of for nothing.

Keith, feel free to start a new thread about this as you may get more hits.

Eoin

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭wardie214

If you're close to it, go to Halford's in The Park shopping centre in Carrickmines. They have excellent value in bikes.

Advertisement