Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

replys _before_ post (again)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Happened here also:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054885495&page=2

posts 46 and 47 seem to be in the wrong order.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Happens a good bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

OK, I'll look into it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

ah i thought i was just being psychic, obviously a database error where the postids seems to get reversed or time affecting the posts

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Cloud had a look at this before. Explanation => http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054862312

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Hobart wrote:
    Cloud had a look at this before. Explanation => http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054862312

Ya know I can't help but think there is irony in the post that you linked and this one (not that you weren't right in your point then). But for self contained irony, post 10 in that humanities thread is close to the most I've seen :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Hobart wrote:

But the difference here is that the actual posts are coming out in the wrong order, rather than just the listing that shows up on the forum page compared to the actual order on the thread page.
    The fact that quotes of a comment is coming in before the actual comment itself means that a post is put up, someone replies to it, but their reply is dropped in the wrong place...

well wee-ord

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Happened here also : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054887376

my post, #4, should have been at least #7. I was using quick reply and thought the message was lost until I scrolled up (#5 and #6 were definitly there when I started typing).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

psi wrote:
    Ya know I can't help but think there is irony in the post that you linked and this one (not that you weren't right in your point then). But for self contained irony, post 10 in that humanities thread is close to the most I've seen :)
    Your being paranormal (is it an adjective?). My intention was never to be ironic, "yea right" I hear you say, more an informative nudge in the right direction :D . I think we might both have seen it before ;) .
    flogen wrote:
    But the difference here is that the actual posts are coming out in the wrong order, rather than just the listing that shows up on the forum page compared to the actual order on the thread page.
    The fact that quotes of a comment is coming in before the actual comment itself means that a post is put up, someone replies to it, but their reply is dropped in the wrong place...

well wee-ord
    Yea, I realise that. It's probably symtamatic of the same thing however (have a look at Clouds reply).

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's happened before, but it seems to be happening much more regularly now.

Hobart wrote:
    Yea, I realise that. It's probably symtamatic of the same thing however (have a look at Clouds reply).

Oh right, probably is, but Cloud's reply says that it happens when posts come in a matter of seconds behind each other; some of these posts come in minutes after. I could be the same problem but it just got much worse.

flogen wrote:
    Oh right, probably is, but Cloud's reply says that it happens when posts come in a matter of seconds behind each other; some of these posts come in minutes after. I could be the same problem but it just got much worse.
    Exactly. Seconds, Minutes etc... If it happens within 2 seconds it *could* happen within 2 minutes (i guess) I suspect it maybe a bug and not a coding issue, but I know SFA about VB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Hobart wrote:
    Your being paranormal (is it an adjective?). My intention was never to be ironic, "yea right" I hear you say, more an informative nudge in the right direction :D . I think we might both have seen it before ;) .

Heh, I wasn't having a go :) I just always think it is funny when a non-mod in a forum tells another non-mod not to moderate and use the report post function if they have a problem with the post. Its kinda, "do as I say and not as I do". But you're right, I've done it myself :(

Speaking of the report post function, I'd rather cloud looked at upgrading that than the timestamps.

psi wrote:
    Heh, I wasn't having a go :) I just always think it is funny when a non-mod in a forum tells another non-mod not to moderate and use the report post function if they have a problem with the post. Its kinda, "do as I say and not as I do". But you're right, I've done it myself :(

Speaking of the report post function, I'd rather cloud looked at upgrading that than the timestamps.
    Heh Heh yourself, I was'nt having ago abut you not having a go, which I knew you were'nt. I was trying to be ironic about my percieved irony, if you know what I mean? And I was'nt refeering to you in the "seen it before comment" more the vent of my frustration in the thread we where both talking about.:D

Hobart wrote:
    I suspect it maybe a bug and not a coding issue, but I know SFA about VB.

I'm with you on that one...
    I could type some HTML in there; I'm talking bold tags, meta tags and font tags... that's about it though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

There's only one explanation. There is a ghost posting on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Just happened to me: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054891591

Weirdly enough, if you view the thread from the forum, it appears to be correct.

• Advertisement

Eh, wtf? Maybe it was just my browser but I counted at least 6 postings of the same post there just a minute ago. Weird.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Eh ya that keeps happening to me, also the post order thing in incredibly frequent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Hobart wrote:
    Exactly. Seconds, Minutes etc... If it happens within 2 seconds it *could* happen within 2 minutes (i guess) I suspect it maybe a bug and not a coding issue, but I know SFA about VB.

The difference would be what, precisely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I must be a great psychic since I predicited what senordingdong was going to say! :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054894980

Advertisement