Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burglar Alarms & Sky Digital

Options
  • 07-02-2006 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi everyone,
    Im moving into the Park with my girlfriend in a few weeks and Im just wondering what people have been doing about installing burglar alarms. We're moving into a 2 bed townhouse and we'd really appreciate it if anyone could let us know what company they used and roughly how much it cost.

Also, does anyone know what the story is with the management company and putting up Sky dishes. If you put one up can they actually force you to take them down.

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

welcome to the forum and Charlesland :)
    quag wrote:
    Hi everyone,
    Im moving into the Park with my girlfriend in a few weeks and Im just wondering what people have been doing about installing burglar alarms. We're moving into a 2 bed townhouse and we'd really appreciate it if anyone could let us know what company they used and roughly how much it cost.

See "Lara Alarms" in the handy numbers thread, we used them and found them very good to deal with.
    quag wrote:
    Also, does anyone know what the story is with the management company and putting up Sky dishes. If you put one up can they actually force you to take them down.

Thanks a lot.

Yes, legally they can - see the "management companies" thread. Whether they actually will or not is up for debate, and judging by the amount of dishes up, it looks unlikely

Eoin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Bertie

Corsian alarms Kilcoole cost half lara and far superior than any other competitor also excellent monitored system.Check them out .James is the guy to deal with.Got mine for just over €500 and €15 per month for phone monitor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Marcais

Bertie wrote:
    Corsian alarms Kilcoole cost half lara and far superior than any other competitor also excellent monitored system.Check them out .James is the guy to deal with.Got mine for just over €500 and €15 per month for phone monitor.

Do you have a number handy Bertie?

Not on me will post it later hes in the book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 quag

I tried the number for corsian but its not in service

• Advertisement

Youre not going to believe this -hes actually gone out of business last week I had to switch to ams for monotoring.Got a letter about it practically the same day as my last post sorry folks

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Robertr

We used Eircom phonewatch. It was about €700 for installation and then €30 a month for the monitoring if you want that also. We are in a duplex and had the front door, back double door, kitchen window, sitting room window and 2 internal movement sensors done. No need for the upstairs as this is the 3rd floor.

Advertisement