Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tip to keep the cats out

Options
  • 07-02-2006 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭

I've managed to keep the cats out for 3 weeks with this! I got a few jars of vapo-rub in Aldi - I figured it would be more potent that Vicks and my cat made a funny face when I got him to smell it so it's good stuff ;) ..anyhoos I rubbed a layer of it along the botton of the gates where the cats come in. It's worked for 3 weeks in our place until this morning - i will redose tomorrow.. My reason for doing this was that I wanted to protect my shiney new motorbike from cat's pee!! :v:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭lil-buttons

Another tip is pepper cats despise pepper.
    My mother swears by it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭wexhun

get a big alsation!:p
    My mother in law fills empty plastic bottles with water and leaves them around her flower beds as she said it keeps cats and dogs away?! I don't know I think it looks like the garden is full of litter! Anyone hear of that or is she as nuts as I think she is?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

wexhun wrote:
    get a big alsation!:p
    My mother in law fills empty plastic bottles with water and leaves them around her flower beds as she said it keeps cats and dogs away?! I don't know I think it looks like the garden is full of litter! Anyone hear of that or is she as nuts as I think she is?:rolleyes:

I think the idea with the bottles is that they're half filled with water, the lid is put on tightly and a pin hole or two is made in the plastic. As the water (and air) inside the bottle heat they expand, and small volumes of gas escape through the small pin holes - making a high pitched noise that we can't hear but cats and dogs will avoid.

Advertisement