Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manowar....

• 08-02-2006 12:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭

Well Manowar...they're like UFOs, just not sure if they are real or not! I bought one of their DVDs for the craic, (note the way I said for the craic:D ) and slowly got sucked in by their catchy little riffs! The band Im in now play a Manowar medley on stage...always works a treat! What d'yiz think of them? Would you like to see them play here??? Brothers Of Steel:D

http://www.youtube.com/results?search=manowar&search_type=search_videos

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

.....other bands play...MANOWAR KILL!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Manowar_cover.jpg

That is all.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

b0bsquish wrote:
    .....other bands play...MANOWAR KILL!! :D
    Heehee, fair play! Thats in the medley! Opens with return of the warlord then goes into fighting the world then the aforementioned song manowar! The vid for gloves of metal is pantomine!!!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Hail to Manowar! Death To False Metal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭metalish

yes they do have those catcy riffts but they are still a clasic band. you should check out the song "battle hymns" thats the song that converted me to them. you hear it alot in bruxies:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Akaonimark

I gotta say. After hearing so much about Manowar and being a big fan of medieval culture I thought I was gonna love 'em. So off I popped to my nearest cd shop, bought Triumph of Steel and off i went home. Sorry guys but I just wasn't feeling it when I finally got home to play it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭Whiskeyjack

Cheesier than a giant cheese convention in which the main attraction is the largest block of cheddar on the world but still so much fun.One of my guilty pleasures.

Akaonimark wrote:
    I gotta say. After hearing so much about Manowar and being a big fan of medieval culture I thought I was gonna love 'em. So off I popped to my nearest cd shop, bought Triumph of Steel and off i went home. Sorry guys but I just wasn't feeling it when I finally got home to play it.
    Look at whiskeyjacks post above....dont take them seriously!!! I sure dont.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭MagnumForce

The Kings Of Metal are definitly cheesy alright, one just wonders whether they know it or not. Usually most of their songs are pretty great, but when Joey starts up on one of his horrible "bass solos" i just feel like throwing a cow covered in nitro glycerine at him. other than that, hail to the warriors of true metal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭direbadger

I think they're marvellous! Like a few people have said or hinted, I'd like to know how seriously they take themselves. They can't can they? But I do truely love them. I'm not laughing at them, I'm laughing with them (as I grind my enemies bones into the dust of the past)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

HEAVY METAL OR NO METAL AT ALL!!! ALL YOU POSERS LEAVE THE HALL!!!

for that quote alone these guys deserve to be heroes!! i love the vikings of rock!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Keep your sword wet like a young virgin in her prime :)
    Just, priceless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭RazielDoomgate

hail to yee metal kings of old :)

YOUR KINGDOM WILL COME

got to love them and realy most of the greatest bands are cheesy if you listen closely to their lyrics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

"...And As I Stood And Looked On
    I Heard The Armies Of The World Hail Them Without End
    And Their Voices Of Victory Carried Long And Far Throughout The Land

Well That’s It.
    Did You Like The Story?"

"Yeah It Was Great!"

"Oh Good I’m Glad
    Now Off To Bed With You"

"Grandfather?"

"Yes?"

"Who Were Those Four Men?"

"Who Were They?
    They Were The Metal Kings!"

Manowar would kick Chuck Norris' ass.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Manowar! Born to live forever more.

direbadger wrote:
    I think they're marvellous! Like a few people have said or hinted, I'd like to know how seriously they take themselves. They can't can they? But I do truely love them. I'm not laughing at them, I'm laughing with them (as I grind my enemies bones into the dust of the past)

How serious does signing their contracts in their own blood sound?

That's one of the cool things about them. If ever there was a band that could claim to stick to its guns, it's Manowar.

And they're not cheesy. It's just everyone else is wrong. Simple as that.

/me puts on Blood Of The Kings and rocks teh fook out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Sarky wrote:
    It's just everyone else is wrong. Simple as that.

That's a moment of clarity right there. I salute you, sir.

Manowar have persisted and thrived by sticking to what they believe in where so many other bands have turned into dusty clouds of dry, powdered ****e and faded into the ether, carried by the sad winds of their own pathetic urges to latch onto whatever counted as credible at the time.

Manowar have outlived them all and continue to propser. Kings of Metal, no less!

Doctor J wrote:
    Kings of Metal, no less!

Emperors...Nay, GODS!

gucci wrote:
    HEAVY METAL OR NO METAL AT ALL!!! ALL YOU POSERS LEAVE THE HALL!!!

for that quote alone these guys deserve to be heroes!! i love the vikings of rock!!

Sorry to burst your bubble but the line is actually "Wimps and posers, leave the hall"

but let us not get all riled up, but rather lets get oiled up and wear loinclothes and brandish swords like the days of old! screaming into the night, Swinging our hammers to crack the sky whilst simultaiously lifting our capes so that we might fly, back to Odin and the gods on high and thus leaving this mortal world.

Hail and Kill!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭moshmonkey666

they are also in the book fo records for loudest band in the world, despite what those boring retards Oasis say!

"Manowar Manowar living on the run!" :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Agent_X

they are also in the book fo records for loudest band in the world, despite what those boring retards Oasis say!

"Manowar Manowar living on the run!" :)

oasis r sooo bad! Manowar rule! although this pic is disturbing..B000005RF7.01.LZZZZZZZ.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭silenoz

:p ha ha ManOwaR

I'm still feeling like an idiot for not going to Earthshaker last year... It's one of my life's ambitions to see Manowar live. There's no other band like them, and there never will be ever again. Some bands have come close but now are so real or so... True!

Like Steel Tormentor, "Heavy Metal Pure and True" !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

May your swords be wet, like a young girl in her prime.

*Manowar salute*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭Whiskeyjack

B000005RF7.01.LZZZZZZZ.gif
    It's like Iron Maiden meets Mens' Health.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

It is really odd - other bands like Priest or Leppard are/were huge while Manowar who are around for over 2 decades as well just never really broke through anywhere.

The only other band that is still waiting to happen is Thunder from the UK who opened for Extreme in the early 90s and is still opener somewhere for someone.

Strange world

Thunder played Donnington Monsters of Rock a few years ago didnt they? the last year it was called monsters of rock and not stupid "Download" or what ever the hell they call it these days, thats pretty big.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 729 ✭✭✭crazy angel

they are a scary lookin bunch, but ya gotta hand it to em!
    didnt they play the loudest set ever recorded?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭Tazz T

It is really odd - other bands like Priest or Leppard are/were huge while Manowar who are around for over 2 decades as well just never really broke through anywhere.

Strange world

Not big here (we're all wimps), but huge in Europe (especially Germany where every record charts), Russia (where they beat Madonna in a poll for the band people most wanted to see) and South America.

Over 8 million records worldwide is hardly never breaking through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Strange world

Not big here (we're all wimps), but huge in Europe (especially Germany where every record charts and they were paid 900,000 for one show last year), Russia (where they beat Madonna in a poll for the band people most wanted to see) and South America.

Over 8 million records worldwide is hardly never breaking through.

Advertisement