Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roof Question - Slate coverage

Options
  • 08-02-2006 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out how many slates I need for the roof of my garage. I need the formula or known quantity of slates per square yard (good old imperial!)
    I have a pallet of these left over from the house, but expect that I will need some more. They are standard size Capco stuff.

Roofer Pete, feel free to jump in here with your expert knowledge.............! (BTW, parking your vans on the roof? Now that's just showing off.........)

Regards, Rusty

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi Rusty,

:D The vans were parked on the bridges of the M50 Motorway among others when we were waterproofing them ;) looks good though :)

What size are your slates ? just as I start to get used to metric ;)

24" x 12" average 13 to the sq yard and 20" x 10" is 20 per sq yard depending on the head lap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Rusty Knight

Thanks Pete, exactly the info I needed. The last thing I want is 100's of the feckin' things left over!

Talk soon, Rusty.

Advertisement