Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Delayed response to texts!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭UberNewb

py2006 wrote:
    She happens to be a very good friend thank you very much.

If she's such a good friend and you were expecting an answer right away then why haven't you asked her at this stage why it took her 2hours 30mins to reply?

Seem's like you want to be more than friends with this one and see the delay responce as a negative point...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Yea there is prob some truth in that! Although we are just friends! It annoys me in general though. Even when my mates do it!

But as I said, I am being over-sensitive about it and will try to change that! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭UberNewb

I would try not to let things like that worry me as there can be a million reasons as to why she replied later. At least she did reply. :)

Not only do I respond to every text I get with immediate effect, I also seem to respond to every post the same way! :rolleyes:

Nice sig by the way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

py2006 wrote:
    Hi folks,

This will seem a bit petty compared to other threads here! But I really need to get it off my chest!

I get really annoyed when I send somebody a text and they either only respond 2-3 hours later or not at all!

A friend texted me at 9.30 tonight (I used to have feelings for her but thats not the point) I responded straight away asking how she was feeling as she was sick over weekend.

Two hours later I get a response! This really pisses me off! She was obviously next to the phone as she had only texted me 2 secs prior!

This has happened on a few occasions and sometimes I don't get a response at all!

Am I being unreasonable? I think some people forget that its a person on the other end rather than just some letters on their phones!

I know you are going to say if it wasn't this girl I wouldn't give a shít but thats not the case at all.

I do this alot unless I am in a texty mood. I sometimes dont text at all. Busy most of the time too.

If someone sends me a text saying whats up or how are you they never get a response. Ring me you cheap ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭*Oul_Doll_Cork*

If you want to get an instance response from someone then ring them!! I never respond to a text instantly unless I'm on the net and have access to free text online!! Not because I'm cheap or anything but because its so much easier than having to spell out words on tiny little buttons!!! Ugh it's so annoying!!!
    If I ever text someone it's usually because I haven't seen them in a while and just text to say hi and I'm not forgetting about them or whatever!!! I don't expect an instant reply from these people...
    OP... your right, it's very petty!!! You are being unreasonable!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

ionapaul wrote:
    No point at all, it isn't a planned thing, I just don't reply immediately, usually every few days I find the time (and more importantly the inclination!) to respond to the few texts I got in the meanwhile. I suppose what I'm saying is that I (and many people my age whose texting habits I know) just don't reply immediately via text, whereas if a person called me they could jabber on all they like and enjoy my total attention :)

The reason I posted on the thread at all is because I was made think about texting yesterday, when a girl I hooked up with over the weekend mentioned in a text sent to me yesterday that my last reply was '1 day later' - I wouldn't even notice something like this, let alone comment on it in a text. Maybe it is an age thing, she is in her early 20s?

My point is what good is replying days later?
    The person probably wouldn't know what you were on about at that stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Kiera calling some one patheic is personal abuse and will get you banned from this forum if you do this again.

py2006 if you post here you can not control the people who will reply or what they will say no more then you can control when your friend replies to you.
    If you a a problem with a post or poster use the report post function do not respond in kind.
    All of your complaints about women and wry comments on various threads like
    py2006 wrote:
    Jaysus! Women!
    and
    py2006 wrote:
    don't go there! Alot of hot headed women on these threads!
    either mean you have a problem with women or you are trolling.

Either way take a time out before you a given one in the form of a ban.

Do read the charter and abide by the rules while posting.
    have a nice day.
    Thaedydal

Hmmm taken out of context! Plus we have gone on from there!

And no I don't have a problem with women!

But I will accept your warning and not respond to them in future and use that report thing!

• Advertisement

oops, double post! sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Thaedydal wrote:
    Kiera calling some one patheic is personal abuse and will get you banned from this forum if you do this again.
    Give me a break. I was calling him pathetic for the way he replied to me. If he cant accept other peoples opinions then he shouldn’t be posting his problems on the net.

Thaedydal, I think you know as well as I do that someone is looking for some attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Gegerty

Maybe she finds the whole text conversation thing a bit pathetic. OK it makes difficult situations easier, like if you're too shy to talk to a girl you fancy. In that situation if she doesn't text you back then I suppose she just doesn't fancy you back. If its a mate then maybe she just finds spending 12c a text to have a chit chat small talk conversation a bit pathetic! What's your bill like? Pick up the phone and call her if you want a chat, texts are for quick "I'll be there in 10 minutes" conversations.

Gegerty wrote:
    Maybe she finds the whole text conversation thing a bit pathetic. OK it makes difficult situations easier, like if you're too shy to talk to a girl you fancy. In that situation if she doesn't text you back then I suppose she just doesn't fancy you back. If its a mate then maybe she just finds spending 12c a text to have a chit chat small talk conversation a bit pathetic! What's your bill like? Pick up the phone and call her if you want a chat, texts are for quick "I'll be there in 10 minutes" conversations.

Yep as I said, the phonecalls from now on! But the point was that she initiated the conversation! We are friends at this stage so its not about me liking her or her letting me know she isn't interested!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Kiera wrote:
    Give me a break. I was calling him pathetic for the way he replied to me. If he cant accept other peoples opinions then he shouldn’t be posting his problems on the net.

I was giving you a break by not banning you right away which is in my remit as mod of this forum.
    A very simple please grow up or please gain some sense would have sufficed.
    This thread has started to out live it's usefullness and I am locking it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement