Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Playstation 3 is huge

• 08-02-2006 12:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭

Look at how big it is.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

It's telling me I'm not authorised to view the page...

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

If I remember right, it's slightly taller than X360. But in terms of volume, it's actually smaller, apparently. The convex design makes it look bigger than it actually is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Illuvatar

Is that a USB port on the back of the controller? I don't think size matters, the only problem is if you had to move it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

here it is. its huge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Any sign of a release date on the horizon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

If you notice that every time it has been displayed you will also see a "Conceptual Design" notice beside it. I would not be surprised if the final product looked different in some sort of way.

I dont know why people would worry about size or portability. The device is being designed to be placed near/around your HD television set, not to be moved about. The ps3 is a lot more then just a games console, it is a proper media hub with the ability to browse the net [iirc] but also to stream recorded shows from it to your psp through the internet, control it from the psp or the wireless remotes etc.

Its not something im going to worry about sizewise unless its the size of a small country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Any sign of a release date on the horizon?

They should announce the Japanese launch date very very soon, probably this month. Doesn't tell us much about when we'll get it, but might indicate relative pricing.

I'd expect it here by Christmas, just a hunch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

• Advertisement
Advertisement