Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Is network coverage related to tariff??

• 08-02-2006 12:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭

I'm asking as i have noticed something recently.

I've been on O2 bill pay since july last year, taking advantage of the 6230i/free line rental for six months option. the salesman advised me to drop to the lowest tariff after the free six months so i wouldnt be charged full whack for the tariff i was on (something like 30 euros a month) which i did in january. I also moved in january, and my new abode isnt the best for signal (literally one corner of my sitting room fluctuates between zero bars and half full every few secs) i put it down to bad coveage, or possibly interference from the houses wireless modem, but since dropping to the lower tariff, even out and about i've noticed signal dropping, text not always getting through, etc. I dont know if its a coincidence or not, but this quality of service is annoying, can anyone shed some light on this?

on a possibly unrelated note, the battery life on my 6230i has turned to **** lately too, and i've always looked after it (95% of the time i wait until its totally dead before charging) and its 50 quid for a new one! does this sound like a fault? surely a well maintained battery should last longer than 7 months?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

that sounds like a distinct possibility to me. haven't heard of it happening but its possible and i wouldn't be surprised. about the battery, i have a bl-5c battery (the one from the 6230i) lying around that i've no use for. i could post to you if you want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

No its not. There may be a fault in your handset. But there is absolutly no corralation between price plans and coverage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

Why would a network want to give you anything less than the best possible coverage they're capable of providing regardless of what tariff you're on?

Advertisement