Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How can I replace my earphone jack?

• 08-02-2006 1:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

Hi all, does anyone know of anywhere I can take my iriver iHP120 to have the earphone jack replaced? It would be a shame to have to dump it cause of a faulty jack. Almost like throwing out the PC cause of a broken mouse

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You do know the line out will work perfectly well instead? at lower volumes
    Just make sure it is not set to optical out.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭spectre

I find the sound quality can be very poor with the line out jack. Why is this? I would've though it to be identical to the standard headphone jack??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

spectre wrote:
    I find the sound quality can be very poor with the line out jack. Why is this? I would've though it to be identical to the standard headphone jack??
    No, it's normal for the 'quality' not to be the same. The line-out port will just give a pure audio output without any amplification or 'enhancements' (such as bass-boost or graphic equaliser effects). It leaves it up to whatever equipment it is plugged into (such as speakers, amplifier, etc.) to effect the sound in any way, so no, it won't actually sound as good via headphones as the headphones output would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The line out on the H1XX does have amplification, I would not expect a normal line out to have this, like a dvd player. It seems to be at its highest about 1/2 way.
    I am not sure if the line out does pick up the EQ settings, I just leave mine at normal as a rule, you dont really need special settings with good earphones, probably cheaper to get good headphones than get it repaired.
    I would imagine it is just a loose wire or something.

EDIT the eq settings are alerted on the line out. And the volume appears to be the same on mine today. Dont know if there is some gain setting or something that I changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭spectre

Thanks guys, I got me a decent set of headphones. It sounds perfect from the line out now. And I was that close to forking out 280 quid for a new machine. Sound.

Spectre

• Advertisement
Advertisement