Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beaglesitting/dog creche...

Options
  • 08-02-2006 1:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

this probably seems like an odd topic, but here goes....

my girlfriend and I have a seven month old beagle. who is adorable. apart from the occasional urinating on the playstation moment.

anyway, because of a change in our shift patterns, we're away from home for around six hours of every day, and given that we don't have the biggest back garden in the world, we're considering sending him to the country.

however, neither she, nor I, want to do this. so I was wondering if anyone knew of a dogminding type services in the drumcondra/glasnevin area that could take a dog from around 9am till around 3pm in the evening, with the option of keeping the dog for longer (no longer than a week) once in a very odd while?

all I want to do is keep this dog, but not leave him in our back garden on his own all the time. your help could save a lot of heartache...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

Can't help on the dogsitting front but where did you get the beagle? Myself and my fiance have been thinking about getting a dog for over a year and would love a beagle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

have you looked on http://petsireland.invisionzone.com/index.php?&&CODE=00

I am sure I have seen post on there about dog minding services etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Irish-Lass

what about getting someone to call to the house and bring your dog for a walk each day you are out, it would break his day and he would still be getting human company and exercised at the same time.

Doggie Day Care
    PHONE: 087 761 55 20
    "Cover north Dublin, south west and west Dublin and south Meath. Established in 2003 provides the quality of service we would all like for our dogs."

Safe Hands Pet Care
    PHONE: 087 9580487
    In-Home Pet Sitting and Dog Walking Services Dublin area.

Happy Dogs
    "I offer my services to the dublin 6, dublin 4, dublin 2 and dublin 8 areas. I can collect dogs from their home, bring for a walk with other dogs and drop home. If dog needs to be brought to vet or grooming parlour, I can provide a pet taxing service. My main service is exercise, homecare, feeding and whatever the dog's needs are. Dublin 6 area - services include feeding, petsitting and basic discipline skills with the dogs."
    PHONE: 087 2154335

A Walk in the Park
    A dog walking and pet sitting service. Dublin area.
    PHONE: 087 7528570

Animal Adventures
    PHONE: Grace 086 1953 158
    Dog Walking Service - Dublin area "We'll walk your dog while you work". Animal Adventures will fetch your dog/s, bring them on a fun-filled adventure to the Dublin mountains, beach or local park..you decide! After their 1-hour walk they are returned safetly to your home. Working with Kildare Animal Foundation since 1996.

Walkies
    Walkies is a dog walking service which provides fun and sociable walks for your dog every day.
    PHONE: 086 3747888

UR Dogs Best Friend
    'Dogwalking/Petsitting Services based in Dublin 3 covering Fairview, North Strand, Marino, Clontarf and surrounding areas. Grooming and Training will be offered in the near future.'
    PHONE: 087 6756865

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

There's an interesting thread about Doggie Day Care on IrishDogs forum, i'd have a read of it before contacting them;)

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

I use Animal Adventures & have done for nearly 2 years now, would highly recommend them only they are based on the southside so are of no good to you..... (not very helpful I know - sorry :( )

if you decide to hire a dog walker ask to get a reference from one of their current clients, that's what I did with Animal Adventures before I started using them

Good Luck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 petamour.com

Check out link in my sig.
    An animal walking and minding service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 elliepdx

Hi,

I live in the States at the moment but I will be moving to Dublin in a couple of months. I'm also on the look for a daycare facility in Dublin. Right now we take our dog to doggie day care Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7am till 7pm. She loves it! Gets plenty of stimulation and exercise! Does anybody know of a daycare facility in Dublin. Over here you can purchase monthly packages that can be used and full or half days.
    Thanks!
    Elena

Advertisement