Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gmail / google mail logo

• 08-02-2006 2:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

anyone's logo change to google mail? mine did tonight and i've no idea why. My account is set to US. All the cool new features get applied to the US accounts, hope this wont effect me, esspecially with the new gtalk intergration.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Still says GMail for me. They had to change to GoogleMail in the UK and a few other countries for copyright reasons. It probably thinks you're in the UK.

what broadband provider are you with?

(also, I don't think the features will change.. just the name/logo)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

erm. its part of the google chat change afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭sinkingfish

with irishbroadband, i logged into my brothers account and his still says gmail, really odd! i had mine set to uk for a while for spellcheck purposes but changed it back about 4 months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

They show googlemail or gmail depending on where they detect your IP as coming from. In work we use IBB, and it says gmail, whereas at home I have NTL who terminate in the UK, and I get googlemail.

It doesn't affect your account or get permanently applied.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

I'm on NTL here and it still says Gmail for me. The acount is set to US.

• Advertisement
Advertisement