Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vince set to divorce Linda for real?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Heres the report:

WWE chief accused of groping Boca tanning salon worker

Published Friday, February 3, 2006
    by Dale King

The chief executive of World Wrestling Entertainment could face assault charges for allegedly groping a Boca Raton tanning salon worker Sunday afternoon, according to a police report.

A clerk at the Tanzabar Salon on North Federal Highway accused Vincent K. McMahon, 60, of trying to kiss her and of running his hands over her body as she tried to clean the tanning bed he had just used.

The report said the 22-year-old woman pushed him away, "rejected his advances" and "walked out of the tanning room."

Before using the tanning bed, the report said, McMahon asked the clerk to take several pictures of himself with his camera phone to send to his girlfriend. Then, the report said, he showed her nude and semi-nude photos of himself.

After the incident, she said, McMahon - who listed an address on South Ocean Boulevard in Boca Raton - went outside to his black Hummer and sat there for about 20 minutes.

Police did not take McMahon into custody. They took a sworn statement from the clerk, which will be submitted into evidence. Police said they will have to speak with McMahon about the incident.

His attorney reportedly said the suspect could not have been McMahon because he was out of town on Sunday.

No charges have yet been filed against McMahon, police said.

According to his biography on the Internet, McMahon started in the wrestling business when his father, Vincent McMahon Sr., hired his son as an announcer. He went on to manage the World Wrestling Federation after his father retired in 1982.

The wrestling boss has had tussles with the law before. In 1992, his biography says, he was accused of supplying wrestlers with steroids. Although he was acquitted, the trial forced McMahon into a two-year wrestling hiatus.

He is also reportedly seeking a divorce from his wife, Linda.

I think its complete bull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I'm finding it kinda funny that the member of staff signed a statement to the police that said Sunday, but is now claiming that she meant Saturday.

She signed it as Sunday, so even if McMahon is quilty on doing it on Saturday he is covered because the girl said Sunday. Alternatively, if she keeps saying she was wrong and meant Saturday, then, Your Honour, what else may the so called witness be wrong about?

Rubbish if you ask me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

Dragan wrote:
    I'm finding it kinda funny that the member of staff signed a statement to the police that said Sunday, but is now claiming that she meant Saturday.

She signed it as Sunday, so even if McMahon is quilty on doing it on Saturday he is covered because the girl said Sunday. Alternatively, if she keeps saying she was wrong and meant Saturday, then, Your Honour, what else may the so called witness be wrong about?

Rubbish if you ask me.

where did you get saturday from. the report above says sunday afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

ghost26ie wrote:
    where did you get saturday from. the report above says sunday afternoon.
    It's an old report. It has since come out that the salon was closed on Sunday, and McMahon wasn't anywhere near the place at the time. He was there on Saturday, but there was a witness that seen him, and has said that he was a perfect gentleman, and hardly paid any attention to the clerk, according to later reports. One would also have to wonder what the definition is of "hiatus" as it is being used in that article, because McMahon certainly didn't leave wrestling for two years at the time of the steroids trial. If he had, there would be no WWE now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

thats ok m8. i honestly wouldn't have been surprised if the story was true. he's always fiddling around with some women as part of the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I didn't pay any attention to it the first time I read it, because the report I read also talked about him kissing Trish in front of his wife as if it were real life stuff. More than likely tabloid nonsense. Surely if they were divorcing it would come up in some other news piece, and not just when Vince is accused of groping someone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

though i have noticed the wedding ring has been off his finger for quite a while now... then again there have been times where the wedding ring does vanish for a while and then reappears after a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

though i have noticed the wedding ring has been off his finger for quite a while now... then again there have been times where the wedding ring does vanish for a while and then reappears after a while
    How did you manage to notice something like that? I wouldn't notice if someone sitting in front of me was wearing a wedding ring, let alone someone on TV! Obviously, the skits he was involved in weren't entertaining enough for you. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

and yet there's not the slightest bit of follow up information anywhere on the net, all of a sudden the media interest diedd off, i wonder why, cause it's BS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

What happened was some reporter did a poor job of investigating, so instead of looking up a real biography of Vince McMahon, he came across one written from a storyline point of view, much like his wwe.com biography, which includes the line - "Before long, Mr. McMahon’s volatile business relationships carried over into his personal life as he was having problems with his wife, Linda. Mr. McMahon went so far as to ask his wife for a divorce"

So, the bad reporter got worked by a wrestling storyline.

• Advertisement

Johnmb wrote:
    How did you manage to notice something like that? I wouldn't notice if someone sitting in front of me was wearing a wedding ring, let alone someone on TV! Obviously, the skits he was involved in weren't entertaining enough for you. :)

:o I TEND to watch things in the background and catch things that no one else would notice..... :o have a habit of watching the crowd in the wwe arena's as well.....:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 jbmb2000

Total rubbish. If I'm not mistaken the Rumble was that Sunday so he wouldn't have been at a tanning salon and wasn't even in the area. That's why the girl later said it was Saturday.

busted :D some one is gonna sued.

seriously... u would think journalist (of all people) would at least look things up and investigate a little bit more..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

there was a nice little dig at this story on last monday's RAW.
    anyone notice it?
    the part where mickey james accused trish's date of groping her.

Advertisement