Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Golf GTI DSG, any one drive one ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

DirtyDog wrote:
    I delt with Lydia, found her very nice. Having delt with 3 other VW dealers over the past few years. Belgard are the best of a bad bunch (car dealers in general).

Might I ask what other dealers you have been to? It's just I used to work for a VW/Audi dealer in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

Ive found annesley on richmond road very friendly and reasonable, i make it a point to stear clear of belgard. every time i wnet in there and asked whats the best they could do, they got very defensive and started asking what otehr dealers id been to and what discounts id been offered and they wouldnt give me a price.
    ended up buying from annesley very straightforward and a pleasure doing business with them tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭carrollmark

lomb wrote:
    Ive found annesley on richmond road very friendly and reasonable, i make it a point to stear clear of belgard. every time i wnet in there and asked whats the best they could do, they got very defensive and started asking what otehr dealers id been to and what discounts id been offered and they wouldnt give me a price.
    ended up buying from annesley very straightforward and a pleasure doing business with them tbh.

Funny you say that.

I'm actually buying my car thru an Alfa dealer who's getting it thru Belgard.

The reason why ........ The Alfa dealer offered me €6000 more for my trade in than Belgard. And thats for an 05 car.

On the subject of the talent in Belgard there used to be a stunning if a little dizzy blond working in the Audi section, always dressed in a mini skirt and with her blouse unbuttoned way down.

I was in a few times talking to her and if I'd had the money could have been talked into buying anything she suggested.

A cracker!

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭mrbungle

Anyone know if the paddles are now standard with the DSG, I'm getting conflicting reports from dealers and ordered my GTI last Sat !!

mrbungle wrote:
    Anyone know if the paddles are now standard with the DSG, I'm getting conflicting reports from dealers and ordered my GTI last Sat !!

I've been told by the dealer that they are.

The VW website says they are an option but I've heard from a few different places that they now come as standard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

I was in a few times talking to her and if I'd had the money could have been talked into buying anything she suggested.

A cracker!

HAHAHA i think u had your eyes on something other than acquiring a volkswagen or audi:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭DirtyDog

Squirrel wrote:
    Might I ask what other dealers you have been to? It's just I used to work for a VW/Audi dealer in Dublin

Ballsbridge motors & Grange motors.

DirtyDog wrote:
    Ballsbridge motors & Grange motors.

Ah right, avoided where I worked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

It's weird how people see things differently...

I'll never set foot in Belgard again. They offered me nearly a full E3,000 less on a trade than Grange gave me and the guy I deal with in Grange (Mark Kane) will bend over backwards to help you if he can.

Lydia called me after I had went with Grange (for the 3dr time) offering me the lesser figure and it gave me great pleasure telling me how much extra I got. Ok looking bird, but it's what you get for your car that counts lads ;)

Squirrel wrote:
    Ah right, avoided where I worked

Where did u work?

• Advertisement

DirtyDog wrote:
    Where did u work?

Foster Motor Company

Ahh always ment to try there, but you know your self - you get comfortable going somewhere and when you know your getting a good deal (which I did) then you tend not to look else where. Next car I will def be looking around, if not just for the fun of it!

Are you still there ?

DirtyDog wrote:
    Ahh always ment to try there, but you know your self - you get comfortable going somewhere and when you know your getting a good deal (which I did) then you tend not to look else where. Next car I will def be looking around, if not just for the fun of it!

Are you still there ?

Nope, unfortunately. I'm hoping to go back during the summer. I was a valeter there and managed to sell an A4 Cabriolet one extremely busy day, I was bringing stuff to the showroom, and some customer started asking me about the car and bought that day.

If you're going there, Conor is a very decent guy, he'd nearly bend over backwards to help any of us in the workshop

Thanks for the tip, I dont think I'll be changing the car this year - There's usually one decent guy at each car show room, but its finding him is the problem.

DirtyDog wrote:
    Thanks for the tip, I dont think I'll be changing the car this year - There's usually one decent guy at each car show room, but its finding him is the problem.

No problem

mrbungle wrote:
    Anyone driven the DSG version of the new GTI ?

I'm just about to buy 1 and am seriously thinking about DSG.

Thanks !!

I collected my new GTi DSG today and if you havent already ordered, make sure you spec the DSG gearbox.

Its sensational!

And the car itself is fantastic.

Its an absolute rocket!

I collected my new GTi DSG today and if you havent already ordered, make sure you spec the DSG gearbox.

Its sensational!

Its an absolute rocket!

Yep I ordered on Saturday last with DSG.

Did you get the paddles as standard ?

I got 1 dealer in Dublin saying they were now standard and another down the country where I ordered and he didn't know and hasn't found out for me yet.

mrbungle wrote:
    Yep I ordered on Saturday last with DSG.

Did you get the paddles as standard ?

I got 1 dealer in Dublin saying they were now standard and another down the country where I ordered and he didn't know and hasn't found out for me yet.

The good news is that the paddles ARE standard.

Although the automatic mode is so bloody good you probabaly wont touch them for a long time.

Mate, if you like your cars and appreciate a good one you're in for a treat.

I had a Mini Cooper S a couple of years ago which I thought was a great car.

This blows it away.

What spec did you order and when will you get it?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Its sensational!

Its an absolute rocket!

Best of luck with it. Nice cars.

The Focus ST is supposedly a better car, and is many thousands cheaper, despite having a 2.5 litre 5 cylinder engine, and more power. Auto. box is not an option on them however.

Yeah,

GTI, DSG, Black, arm-rest and leather (beige). Week 14 build, I think I if remember. Can't wait. I read a bit about the DSG and reckoned it was to be.

Sounds excellent, only 1 problem, I can't wait !!

I had a 04 MkV 1.4 before this, had a smart set of whips on it too, I shouldn't have gotten rid of it so soon, still wouldn't be at this stage if I didn't !!

Pic of my old MkV

Just saw a review for the RS on 5th Gear and I'm not a fan. Horses for Courses, never been a fan of Ford.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

Best of luck with it. Nice cars.

The Focus ST is supposedly a better car, and is many thousands cheaper, despite having a 2.5 litre 5 cylinder engine, and more power. Auto. box is not an option on them however.

It's not hugely faster by any stretch of a long road.. it'll also lose about 10k in its first year. But yeh, it is faster and it is cheaper.

Advertisement