Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non drinkers

Options
  • 08-02-2006 9:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

All ye non drinkers what do ye like to do at the weekend.

just wondering

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 foxy cleopatra

play around;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Talk to Batman:cool: and play with the wolves

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

vegetable sacrifice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Cut the grass, study, fix cars, read books, talk to people on the 'phone. Normal stuff, only without the stupidity of alcoholic reasoning or the appalling hangovers afterward. Oh, and I don't have money in my account at the end of the week - but I haven't pi55ed it against a wall, I've bought stuff with it.

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

laluna wrote:

just wondering

Because you can't go out if you don't drink?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

laluna wrote:

just wondering
    Can we come around your house for latte's and muffins, or would you be out drinking with the other twonks?

'c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Cinema, play games, watch a movie....decide to drink after all.....the list is endless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 cmmni

i still go out and party hard but stay away from the drink...
    just cos you dont drink that doesn mean you dont have to not have a good laugh on a saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

laluna wrote:
    just wondering
    Sports in the daytime and telly/cinema/dinner/bowling/spanking the monkey in the evening.
    Of course you can do this all over Ireland not just in Galway...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

take herbs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

cmmni wrote:
    i still go out and party hard but stay away from the drink...
    just cos you dont drink that doesn mean you dont have to not have a good laugh on a saturday night.

I can't imagine going out and partying hard without drink while everyone else is sloshed. It would just be.....crap? :D

Any reason for some sort of boards beers type thing anytime soon? I had planned attending the last one with redhairguy and wouldn't ya know it, twas the girlfriends birthday...(I think....lol....it was something along those lines)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

I think there are some un-regular Galway Boards beers, dunno when the next one is on though...

screw it i'm startin a beers thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭half_dead

danniemcq wrote:
    screw it i'm startin a beers thread

Not a bad idea that!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Loser

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

Well I do have drink when I go out but I would not be pissed or be pissing my money against the wall as suggested above. 1-2 on a quite night and maybe 3-4 on busy night. its the cost saving insintive i am going on. Considering its more expensive to buy 2 bottles of coke then 1 pint of beer ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

timeout wrote:
    Well I do have drink when I go out but I would not be pissed or be pissing my money against the wall as suggested above. 1-2 on a quite night and maybe 3-4 on busy night. its the cost saving insintive i am going on. Considering its more expensive to buy 2 bottles of coke then 1 pint of beer ;)
    you wont like Diagio's new guinness product called "Guinness mid-strength" then. It's being touted as an option for responsible drinkers as it has only 2.8% alcohol. It's bad enough paying €4-€5 for a pint of 4.5% alcoholic drink but this new product is an even worse rip-off, it's just a way for the local licensed drug dealers to grab back a few euros from the designated drivers instead of doing the really responsible thing and make minerals cheaper or even free for the drivers.

Fair play to all the non-drinkers out there who put up with the likes of myself who get drunk and talk bollocks

put up with the likes of myself who get drunk and talk bollocks

you talk bollocks... never :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Go out with my camera and photograph stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

Post reply's...:) pick nose etc....Saturday is bath nite ummm month :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Get drunk =)

Nah you can go out without getting drunk. You're just anal if you can't do that. And other people are anal if they can't let you do that.

I actually had my first night in a club last night that I actually enjoyed. We were in the GPO at the little dance floor in The Drum looking like a bunch of ravers.

/smacks grasshopa

sell out, GPO i mean come on! :p

Hey it's the only club I've ever enjoyed.... twas good craic and I wasn't even drunk so ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

TBH I like the GPO too:)
    Drunk or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

The GPO is good craic tbh. It's the only club that I can stand without being completely blotto.

Now lookatcha Dannie, eh? eh? Where's that northern spirit now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭col o

Make love and listen to the music.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Non drinkers?

No thanks.

Bad for business in CPs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

What good business does CPS make?

The business of cleaning shíts out of pint glasses?
    Oh yeah... you heard me... someone took a hefty dump in a pint glass in CPs while I was there, that one time!

Advertisement