Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large/fast card for Samsung Pro815?

Options
  • 08-02-2006 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Can anyone please let me know if you've successfully used a 2Gb (or higher) compact flash card in a Samsung Pro815?

I received a Christmas present of a Samsung Pro815. I'm really enjoying it but I need to get a bigger card so that I can make decent use of the camera on safari in a couple of weeks' time.

I shopped around and bought a high-capacity/high-speed card (yet reasonably priced) from http://www.komplett.ie - it was a Twinmos 2Gb 140x . Unfortunately it wouldn't work in my Pro815, but seemed to work fine in my friends' cameras and card readers. Suspecting the camera, I sent the camera for a minor repair and firmware update, but that didn't cure the problem (and the repairer was kind enough to try my Twinmos card in another Pro815, with the same result - it failed to work).

I've tried Samsung support and Twinmos support, and neither of them have tested Twinmos cards in the Pro815. So I'm going to try to get my money back and get another card.

Before I get another card (and possibly pay well over the odds in a camera shop), just wondered if anyone could recommend a high-capacity/speed card that you've used successfully in a Pro815? What's the high-speed continuous shooting rate like?

Many thanks!

Renny

Advertisement