Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some feedback please

Options
  • 08-02-2006 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I'm looking for some feedback on some of my work.
    It can be found here:
    David Bass
    There is a mix of stuff. The songs:

I'm Exposed
    Sweet Rosemary
    He's Looking For A Fix
    The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Are by myself and a friend. He used his FX pedal and guitar to create all of the sounds and a drum machine to compose the drums. I used my home PC to record the vocals. I used Sound Forge and Audition to do some effects and finished it off using Reason to produce some effects aswell.

The song "The Watcher" was recorded in studio. The guitar is a hollow bodied telecaster.

All other songs were completely composed in Reason and vocals recorded on my home setup.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

im in college atm, so i have little time to listen to your stuff! I managed to listen to 'The Light At The End Of The Tunnel' From start to finish..
    I think it was good, bit too chilled for my liking.. On the plus, it sounded like some of the dessert sessions recordings that i am a big fan off, so thumbs up, nice vocal work, i liked the chick's voice, i thoguht it worked well with the mood of the song

i also listened to another one which sounded pritty similar to the other one, but i had to stop it half way...

try using different moods in your song, else your work will be labled bland and uni directional. Again, i've only listened to 1.5 songs, so my basis for comparison is very limited!

Other than that, i like it! Keep up the good work

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Daavid

Thanks for the comments. Yeah, if you get a chance to listen to some more of it I think you'd see different moods etc popping up. Let me know if you get a chance.
    Incidentally, All the vocals were just me, a guy. :) I didn't use any pitch shifting, I can just sing in both of those styles. You're not the first to say it sounds like a girl. lol. (Although obviously on the "We'll Shake It" line I used a vibrato effect.)

Pretty funny actually, I just got a PM from someone asknig me if I could sing falsetto so I told him to listen to that very song. And then i saw your comment saying you thought it was a chick singing those parts.

Advertisement