Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon to launch contextual advertising

Options
  • 08-02-2006 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭

Amazon are testing an "Adsense clone".

http://www.sitepoint.com/blogs/2006/02/04/amazon-sense/

Linkage reports MSN, Yahoo and Amazon are all about to launch contextual advertising. I was aware of Yahoo but not the others. Four huge companies offering revenue potential.

With the four big guns coming on line, could this be a golden era for publishers?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I had some amazon adverts on a site before and for some reason their pictures wouldn't load - see attached file. Because of this I'll stick with AdSense for another while!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭cianuro

Well, hopefully the competition will result in the networks dishing out a higher percentage of the advertisers money to the publishers like what YPN are aparently doing.

Right now Adsense only performs well for me as the other contextual networks are well..... ever heard of chikita? Enough said.

With the looming adcenter launch this summer, Google are going to have to do SOMETHING to keep their publishers. :)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I hadn't come across chikita. Is this them url]www.chitikaminimalls.net[/url?
    I find it strange that they are using AdSense on their site though!

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Actually the company's name is Chitika, easily misread as chikita, even though the actual word would be chiquita ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

kbannon wrote:
    I find it strange that they are using AdSense on their site though!

now that would have been funny. greater choice has to mean greater value.will it become more restrictive though? ie will there be a greater switching overhead or will it still be just a case of swapping code.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭cianuro

CuLT wrote:
    Actually the company's name is Chitika, easily misread as chikita, even though the actual word would be chiquita ;)

Sorry for the misspelling ;)
    Anyway, I have heard Nightmare stories about Chitika, seeing that in December most of their publishers were "Audited" up to 60% of their earnings. I would do some serious research before choosing them. Just a heads up.

Advertisement