Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C&C Compilation

Options
  • 08-02-2006 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

From Kotaku:

"EA dropped a note today mentioning that they had shipped their Command & Conquer The First Decade to retail. The set includes 12 C&C titles (which is a combination of games and expansions) and a DVD that includes an interview with Louis Castle, the founder of the C&C franchise. "

Even though the early ones look very dated these days, and I have everything from Red Alert up, I might still be interested if the price is right. Anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Its 44 euro on play.com so it'll probably be 60 in the shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

sounds like it could be a good package, i wouldnt get it myself but i know a few lads that would be seriously interested if it was a good price

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Might have to invest in this... i was thinking of picking up some of the older titles recently, this should ease my burden :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i have them all bought them all as they came out but in truth i didnt take great care of them and aswell as that im sure that CNC and Covert operations will be patched on the cd to work on XP with no hasstle

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

wont be out until Paddys day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

oh this looks very nice always loved the C+C games (even tiberian sun) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Damn, from the thread I was hoping for some sort of C&C soundtrack compilation!

Ah welll..all the same, I don't see myself buying this.
    Not only do most of us own most of the games, the other games just feel so dated that I can't get back into playing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Damn, from the thread I was hoping for some sort of C&C soundtrack compilation!
    http://www.frankklepacki.com/

Scroll to the bottom, all the C&C tracks there to listen to... as well as Dune and all of Frank Klepacki's work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭BKtje

deffo getting this. Would love to play them all again without having to put a lot of work in to get them working :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

When this gos down in price as it should eventually do it will be worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Even though I have a good few of them, I'll still get this, as it saves storage space, and they should all be patched or have the patches.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

when ever you think of command and conquer music does anyone else just hear "NEED MORE POWER"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

evad_lhorg wrote:
    when ever you think of command and conquer music does anyone else just hear "NEED MORE POWER"?

I usually think of that "mechanical man" song.

ah yes, it's on that site, Target is the name of it.

Now that's a choon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

hell march and mechincial man are both great songs

evad_lhorg wrote:

I usually think of the screams of someone dieing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

User45701 wrote:
    i have them all bought them all as they came out but in truth i didnt take great care of them and aswell as that im sure that CNC and Covert operations will be patched on the cd to work on XP with no hasstle

I was thinking the same thing. Despite the fact I have all the games already, I'm still going to get it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,683 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Anyone know if there's a compilation of C&C music out there (like on that Frank Klepacki site), but on a cd/dvd/mp3 format

Seen this is smyths for 35 euro yesterday nearly tempted to get it still havnt played genereals but not sure its worth it just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

how well will the older ones work on xp?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

The older games all work under XP however EA stupidly shipped the game with bugs in it so you miss some of the FMV briefings in Red Alert check out PlanetC&C for more info.

I'll get this anyway just to support C&C as I do want to see the third game C&C Tiberium Twilight come out & there are some posters that come in the pack that show off units not in the any of the C&C games to date a new tank with GDI colours and a new version of the GDI ion cannon so I suspect those are teasers.

• Advertisement

Went into town today especially to pick this up, eventually found it got it home and the bloody thing wont install. Keep getting the error message "E:\setup.exe is not a valid Win32 application". Not a sniff of anyone else having this problem either, so I got on to EA but I'm not holding my breath.

If by any chance you already have a prior C&C game installed uninstall it and then try the C&C TFD installer.

Also again if you dont already have it install the Windows Installer 3.1 thats about the only thing I can suggest it seems EA really dropped the ball.

I had Generals and Zero Hour previously installed but uninstalled them thinking that could be the problem, it wasn't. Its not the disk cause I tried it in my Laptop and it worked fine. I'll see what EA have to say when they get back to me.

Aha I got it sorted, ripped the files to my Hard-drive and ran setup.exe from the folder. I didn't expect it to work but it did! Gonna go kick some GLA ass now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,683 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

8T8 wrote:
    The older games all work under XP however EA stupidly shipped the game with bugs in it so you miss some of the FMV briefings in Red Alert check out PlanetC&C for more info.

Is there a fix to this out yet? I'll probably get this when I finish my thesis (and lock myself away till I finish them all again, EVEN the useless tiberium sun :))

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

8T8 wrote:
    I'll get this anyway just to support C&C as I do want to see the third game C&C Tiberium Twilight come out & there are some posters that come in the pack that show off units not in the any of the C&C games to date a new tank with GDI colours and a new version of the GDI ion cannon so I suspect those are teasers.

I was almost sure that Red Alert 3 was to be the next C&C game.

They first planned a C&C Renegade 2 this would finally tie the Red Alert universe into C&C linking up to the GDI & NOD but that was canned for Red Alert 3 which was in turn also canned or so the rumours go.

Some concept art of some alien creature fighting what looks to be GDI units was seen and there have been persistent rumours that the next game is indeed set in the Tiberium line the posters of GDI looking units in C&C TFD I think led further credence to that as well. In fact the C&C TFD if to be a bit cynical is nothing more than a means to drum up interest in another C&C game.

As for the Red Alert FMV bug there is a workaround on the Planet C&C forums though EA are supposed to be working on a fix.

So I got my response back from EA customer support regarding the problem above.
    EA Support wrote:
    This game was not designed for Windows XP, but you can try using the program compatibility wizard to try and get the game working

Hmmmm, thats very interesting, considering that XP is the only OS the game supports. Luckily I got it working and I wasn't relying on EA "Tech" support to help me out.

Advertisement