Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

garden refuse

Options
  • 08-02-2006 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hi

I have a load of garden waste to get rid of.

Does anybody know the cost and pitfalls of hiring a skip?

Any info or recommendations of firms round Limerick County would be appreciated

thanks

grasscutter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭db

If you have a trailer, fill it up and bring it to the recycling centre in Kilmallock. It will cost you a fiver for a van or car with a trailer. Hiring a skip will cost you hundreds depending on the size.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭beldin

Also there is a limerick county council depot in Annacotty business park that takes garden refuse. From their website
    http://www.limerickcoco.ie/environment/new_recycling.asp#green

Garden waste is accepted at the Council Depot, Annacotty Business Park each Monday from 8.30am to 4.00pm. Small quantities of garden waste i.e. a bootful or less are accepted free of charge. For larger quantities of garden waste payment must be made first at the Annacotty Area Office.

Single Axle Trailer €10
    Double Axle Trailer €20.

Please note only garden waste is accepted at this facility i.e. grass cuttings, hedge & tree prunings, felled timber.

No other recyclables can be accepted at this site. Other recycling facilities which accept garden waste are the KiImallock and Newcastle West Recycling Centres and the Gortadroma Landfill Site which has a purpose built composting slab.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭grasscutter

cheers for the replies
    I will try blagging a trailer from somewhere coz I have a hitch on the car

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

also, depending on your location, the skip might be full the morning after it arrives, before you have even gone near it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭wexhun

we hired a skip which we had for 4 days and it cost €250, filled it with stuff from the garden and stuff that we've been hoarding for years that we'll never use. The guy that dropped it off said we were lucky that our place was in off the road cos usually when someone hires one in town, people come from everywhere to fill it! Cheek!

• Advertisement
Advertisement