Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interesting game bugs

Options
  • 08-02-2006 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,585 ✭✭✭✭

Bugs are seen throughout the game, but theyre usually fixed fairly promptly. One incident (which i am assuming was a bug) took place in nethergarde keep in the blasted lands. I arrived in the grounds on the gryphon and walked out to the front of the castle when I saw Teremus the Devourer (elite dragon, im assuming lvl 60 cos I was 50 and he was ??) fly in the front gates while being chased by the lvl 55 guards from outside. He flew directly into the castle itself and was killing guards all over the place (i decided to follow to watch). Then he got caught in one of the corridors, and the 55 and 60 elite guards were hacking away at him. A few seconds later, I think he just disappeared. I ran outside and there were bodies of alliance guards everywhere.

Anyone ever witness bugs like this which brought a smile to my face?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

When I tried to fly a bat to Arathi Highlands, oh ages ago, I couldnt get off the bat. So I ended up being able to manually fly around a bat at 600% movement speed. I went roaming through the Alliance towns and all over the place. Eventually memnoch told me that was exactly the kind of bug exploiting they ban you for so I promptly logged out and the bug was fixed. Was hella fun while it lasted though ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

nothing major has happened me. i died in gnomergan once, and spawned in the graveyard in astranaar. also fell through the world once.

and i keep god damn falling through the boat in menethil.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I seen kazzak attacking stormwind. Someone dragged him there from the blasted lands and he was just killing anything on sight. I was only about L30 or so at the time.

LordKazzak.jpg

There was a group of alliance trying to kill him but it was impossible as he heals when he kills people and he was killing every single lowbie around stormwind and elewyn forest.

The best game bug i've seen is the mage netherwind 8 piece bonus bug. The bonus is a 10% chance that after a spellcast your next spell cast becomes instant. They changed it to proc at the start of a cast rather than when it hits people though so if you were to just spam your cast button while running it would count as a cast so you would get the proc every couple of seconds meaning non stop instant fireballs/frostbolts. If you can find a movie called "working as intended" download it to see the bug in action. I'm not sure if it's been fixed or not but I presume it has.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Ivan wrote:
    When I tried to fly a bat to Arathi Highlands, oh ages ago, I couldnt get off the bat. So I ended up being able to manually fly around a bat at 600% movement speed. I went roaming through the Alliance towns and all over the place. Eventually memnoch told me that was exactly the kind of bug exploiting they ban you for so I promptly logged out and the bug was fixed. Was hella fun while it lasted though ;)
    Seen that bug quite alot myself. I really doubt you can be banned for it since its nothing you have done to get it to happen, its the fault of Blizzard. It usually wears off after about 5 minutes and you dismount.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

BloodBath wrote:
    The best game bug i've seen is the mage netherwind 8 piece bonus bug. The bonus is a 10% chance that after a spellcast your next spell cast becomes instant. They changed it to proc at the start of a cast rather than when it hits people though so if you were to just spam your cast button while running it would count as a cast so you would get the proc every couple of seconds meaning non stop instant fireballs/frostbolts. If you can find a movie called "working as intended" download it to see the bug in action. I'm not sure if it's been fixed or not but I presume it has.

im pretty sure that was the presence of mind bug, as he has the POM icon as a buff for the duration of the movie.
    it happens when you recieve a debuff from certain consumables ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Its more exploiting the bug, by running around on a bat that is the problem.

And yeah, I'm pretty sure its a PoM bug rather that the set, as Caliden said. Hilarious, as well ;)

Whats the debuff you need, would love to try that out myself :D
    Though I presume that kind of information is against the Board charter so probably nevermind...

im pretty sure that was the presence of mind bug, as he has the POM icon as a buff for the duration of the movie.
    it happens when you recieve a debuff from certain consumables

Hmm that's what I though originally until someone from the guild told me it was from spamming the cast. Never listen to dutch people :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 AgZed

Well, only bug I've run into is vaguely amusing, but actually quite useful, although only for warriors as far as I know. If you're falling from a great height, and charge something on your way down, you don't take any damage from the fall. I've tested this a couple times in Gnomegeran, jumping down to enemies far below and spamming Charge on the way down. So far, it's worked every time. As soon the charge goes off, you're instantly hit the ground & charge forward.

Of course, it's usefullness is debateable, since if you charge into a group of 5-6 Elites & your priest can't follow, not taking damage from the fall is a moot point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

AgZed wrote:
    Well, only bug I've run into is vaguely amusing, but actually quite useful, although only for warriors as far as I know. If you're falling from a great height, and charge something on your way down, you don't take any damage from the fall. I've tested this a couple times in Gnomegeran, jumping down to enemies far below and spamming Charge on the way down. So far, it's worked every time. As soon the charge goes off, you're instantly hit the ground & charge forward.

Of course, it's usefullness is debateable, since if you charge into a group of 5-6 Elites & your priest can't follow, not taking damage from the fall is a moot point.

Or the reverse of using charge to get down from a hieght, charging up hills that are normally not climbable... Often had Allience mages in WSG in front of the fence near their base (can get there from the ramp side). So we start getting nuked and we just send in the tank to charge and kill them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 AgZed

Although on the annoying side of this, I'm noticing that I get 'Target Not In Line Of Sight' when trying to charge, especially in caves, when I can see everything except my target's feet. Really bloody frustrating that, when you're inching forward, trying to charge someone, only to have him agro you coz you got too close before you had 'Line of Sight'. Gah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

AgZed wrote:

XPLOIETR!"!"!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

BloodBath wrote:
    I seen kazzak attacking stormwind. Someone dragged him there from the blasted lands and he was just killing anything on sight.
    just saw that video the other day :D
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-982380251124231965&q=kazzak

Yeah that wasn't on my server but it was pretty much the same thing. He's unstopable when you get him there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Carbiens

Caliden wrote:
    it happens when you recieve a debuff from certain consumables ;)

no, bloodbath was right. it was a neverwind set bug, and he was spam casting, the neverwind instant cast buff has the same icon as POM.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

well from other movies ive seen pom bugs for mages in greens.

and the netherwind focus proc looks more like the icon for 'arcane instability' in the arcane tree ;)

Advertisement