Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I pre-order Guitar Hero?

Options
  • 08-02-2006 1:17pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Was in town on Saturday and asked if I could pre-order Guitar Hero in Smyths, Game and Gamestop but since it wasn't on the release list I couldn't. Anyone know anywhere I can pre-order it even somewhere online?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Shockingly expensive price (nearly 100 yoyos) but .... http://shop.game.net/viewProduct.aspx?mid=328185&cat=10231

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Is that price likely to go down, or will it be like ICO and sky rocket on eBay?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's going to skyrocket on ebay. Very few copies are being produced for Europe. Very few were produced for America as well and it sold out on the day of release over there with no plans to release.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Red Octane haven't announced that its definitely coming out in Europe. It popped up on Eurogamers site a few weeks ago, and all other game sites are quoting that article.

Any requests for info on the GH forum on Red Octanes website are being ignored.

The fact that its been preorderable on game.nets website for a week now is a good sign, but I'd still like to hear it officially.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Wait. Hold on. Does the guitar come with the game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

yea. be kinda useless without it dont ya think?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

evad_lhorg wrote:
    yea. be kinda useless without it dont ya think?
    Aye. Thought it could be one of them programs where you plugged in your own guitar.

Also, the guitar that comes with it is proberly the reason for the price tag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

I must have this game :D only reason I'm keeping my PS2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

I love these type of games in Asian Arcades especially Drummania :D Only one I don't like is DDR, my feet can't sync for crap and I end up looking like a complete tool...

Another news update on this on the Pro-G website. Still nothing from Red Octane...

http://www.pro-g.co.uk/news/nid/1512/2281/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Brilliant!
    Is that you in the picture Retro???:eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nope, I'm nerdier.

Update - Its starting to pop up on a few different sites now. All have a release date of April 7th. Still no official confirmation from Red Octane.

Amazon.co.uk - £39.99 (£47.21 with shipping)
    Play.com - £49.99
    HMV - £49.99
    Gamestation.co.uk - £49.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

we have it in the house over here in Boston! Its great craic, good mix of songs, rock on!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭turnfan

You can prebook Guitar Hero at Smyths Toys now. RRP will be 79.99
    Smyths are the only place that will have a lot of stock - it is a very bulky product!

Advertisement