Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi-Fi Separates

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Amoebo

ye it ws a tough choice between the arcam and the rotel.....i swapped them over so many times to try to help me decide...i listen to a lot of jazz these days and being a piano player myself, jazz piano is what i listen to most......i found the piano a lot clearer on the rotel for all the cd's i brought with me. ye it maybe a little too bright and sharp on some instruments such as the saxophone, but i don't mind that too much...although things like that can play on you and grow to bother you more and more is suppose, but overall i'm fairly happy with it. the hi-definition cd capability could be a nice extra too....though i havent any cd's at the moment with that capability.
    ye i got a bit o' cash knocked off cos 1 o' the lads is a friend of a friend so it worked out nicely.
    anyway appreciate all your inputs and advice.
    take it easy.
    ken.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

Sounds good Ken :)

I like the speakers - I'm thinking of a pair for myself when I pay off the car loan!

Mark

hehe...damn loans spoil everything!
    ye i'd recommend them to anyone willing to spend a bit on speakers. Personally i never in my life thought i would spend €795 on a pair of speakers but now that i did i'm thinking its the best purchase i ever made! after listening to the B&W CM1's and the 602's (both were really good in their own way imo), the SA's seemed to combine the best bits of both.....and are also very nice on the eye. went for the cherry finish.....not big fan of black speakers (especially that size), and the maple is a bit too pale for my liking.
    anyway.
    later man.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

I had 602s for 5 years. I was always happy with them and they are fantastic for their price, but side by side with a pair of 802s and they instantly sound crap!

I'm currently using a DVD player with a custom external DAC (amazing, best sounds i've ever heard) with a class T amp which is no party amp, but the quality is amazing, and a pair of Mission 763s. I'm looking for a better CD transport and a new set of speakers (too bright at the mo) and then I should be in audio nirvana :D

wow that sounds extrememly sophisticated to me....well i'm off the mark now in terms of buying my own stuff instead of sniffing around for hand-me-downs, so ive got it all ahead of me...:D . I think it will be a while before i improve on what i have though, as the balance seems just right for the moment and there is absolutely no point in upsetting that. maybe a look into better interconnects in a few months time would temporarily satisfy my appetite for achieving the elusive musical 'nirvana' as you put it. sounds like you have something savage there though...i can only imagine the quality and to be quite honest i'm so happy with what i have at the moment i wouldnt want to hear anything better.
    i finish work at five and i can tell you im gonna race home as fast as i can to experience my music collection as i havent done before...cheers buddy;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement