Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Probs with 2001 Nissan Almera

Options
  • 08-02-2006 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hey guys i dunno but someone might be able to help, i have a hatch back Nissan Almera and it seems like a bar/rod has broken from behind the front wheel of the passanger side.. now the car doest move. i have been told that i need a new steering column and its gonna cost upwards of €900. does anyone know if i could get a mobile mechanic to come out and have a look before i go and pay outragous amounts in a garage?
    Thanks x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

I've heard this place is good

A1 Mobile Auto Repair: 086 3939518

Not speaking from experience, so use at your own risk!

P.S. A straightforward broken column shouldnt be close to that if you can find used parts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 vixie

ah thanks a mil,:) ill try and call them today. apparently its v hard to get a spare for the car. hopefully i can get it mended rather than a full new replacement,i just cant afford over €1000!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

vixie wrote:
    Hey guys i dunno but someone might be able to help, i have a hatch back Nissan Almera and it seems like a bar/rod has broken from behind the front wheel of the passanger side.. now the car doest move. i have been told that i need a new steering column and its gonna cost upwards of €900. does anyone know if i could get a mobile mechanic to come out and have a look before i go and pay outragous amounts in a garage?
    Thanks x

buying it new? go to a scrap yard and get one for a few quid from there. Ammera is popular car so they are bound to have a few.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 vixie

Ive been trying to get a used part but its almost impossible, i have a guy ringing around since last friday looking for one. its mental!! thanks for the replies though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

vixie wrote:
    Ive been trying to get a used part but its almost impossible, i have a guy ringing around since last friday looking for one. its mental!! thanks for the replies though!

Well I had a Primera and gear box and a few things went on it. Had no problems picking up second hand parts. Go to a mechanic and asked him to have a look, they can usually get parts no problem. My mate does mine and any part I ever needed he could get within a week. Don't ask me how but he could

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

vixie wrote:
    Thanks x

Seems like a lot of money for that. Did you ring around a few garages? Maybe the AA do something like that I dunno. Find a busy local mechanic or ask around and see if someone can recomend you one. offer him €50 cash to come out and do a rough estimate.

Advertisement