Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valuation Report for mortgage

Options
  • 08-02-2006 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

I got my mortgage pack recently with the valuation report needed for the bank. So I sent it to the estate agent who I thought could just fill in the amount and stamp it.

Nope, sorry it would be a conflict of interest for us to fill in a valuation report on a house we are selling.

Is she filling me with $hit or is she for real?

I bought a house last year and the estate agent who sold it filled in the form no problem. Carged me €60 for the priviledge, but none the less it got done swiftly.

This estate agent currently said she would pass it to the estate agent across the road and they would do it for me.

Does this sound normal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

thats all correct and above board...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭damienirel

The auctioneer that is selling me the house is charging me for a valuation of the property which needs to be done to draw down a mortgage.
    This mortgage already pays the auctioneers - who - lets face it don't have that hard of a time these days. Why is it then they aren't forced by law to perform the valuation? It seems ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Definitely a conflict of interest. There has to be a different agent. If you have a mortgage broker, ask them to sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Definitely a conflict of interest. There has to be a different agent. If you have a mortgage broker, ask them to sort it out.
    Estate agent on the same street did one for me...€130+VAT

Advertisement