Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Cave Paintings Found

• 08-02-2006 2:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

Im posting this by memory so im a bit vague with the info but there have been new cave paintings found in Charente,France and are 25000 years old. Human bones have also been found but not dated at this stage.

These paintings predate the Lascaux and Altamira caves by almost 20000 years

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭the real ramon

Grimes wrote:
    Im posting this by memory so im a bit vague with the info but there have been new cave paintings found in Charente,France and are 25000 years old. Human bones have also been found but not dated at this stage.

These paintings predate the Lascaux and Altamira caves by almost 20000 years

Excellent! I'd be very interested to read more if there's a link somewhere.

PS Is there a typo in your numbers? - predate by 20 thousand seems a stretch, is it 2 thousand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 clonycavanman

That's tremendous, and in a really great part of France too. I hope there is some public access. Astounding length of time over which the cave painting was being practiced. Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

It was the date difference that astounded me initially. I cant find the paper I read it in but ill have another gander and double check those dates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Advertisement