Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone used a Linksys WRT54GC ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I bought one yesterday in Harvey Normans, it was easy to setup and has plenty of different security options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

K-TRIC wrote:
    I bought one yesterday in Harvey Normans, it was easy to setup and has plenty of different security options.

How much was it in Harvey's and can you get a stable connection with no drops? I'm particularly interested to know if you can get a stable connection on Eircom.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭turbot

One solution is to get a seperate dsl modem / adsl modem and a wireless router.

If you are getting a router and speed and reliability is important and / or you have a big place... it's a really good idea to get one with MIMO enabled.

Two that I've used personally and find to work well are:

Netgear Rangemax MIMO

Belkin Pre-N MIMO

Other routers seem to have difficulty going through 2 + rooms / ceilings to the point where they, in my experience, have often been dysfunctional.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

I'm currently using a Netgear DB834 and two Apple Airport Express routers which one is configure as a repeater to hit those black spots. The Airport Express creates a very stable wireless connection all around the house, my main problem is the Netgeear modem/router not holding a stable connection. A realy pain when it looses it's connection when you've in the middle of downloads, chat or VPNing when I'm working from home.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

ADSLUSER wrote:
    http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?childpagename=US%2FLayout&packedargs=c%3DL_Product_C2%26cid%3D1115416825655&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper

If so, I was wondering if you would recommend it, the pros & Cons. I'm currently on Eircom Broadband so any input on how well it works on Eircom Broadband would be much appreciated. .................

http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop/Reviews.asp?ProductID=2210

• Advertisement
Advertisement