Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

LED indicators on new Passat?

Options
  • 08-02-2006 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭

Just noticed a new '06 Passat on the motorway indicating (which is a rarity in itself, but I digress ... :) ) and if I'm not mistaken the indicators were LED's. I noticed this because the flash on/off was very abrupt, and in a strange way slightly offputting. I suppose we just get used to the slight delay that occurs when a normal incandescent bulb switches on and off, and the instant-on effect of LED lights just looks odd, somehow. Any idea if these are standard on the Passat or an option, and as an aside are the brake lights and the sidelights LED's as well? Just curious.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

They are standard on the New Passat

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

LED indicators give me the rage.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

ballooba wrote:
    Care to enlighten us as to why, or do you just like to keep people guessing? I admit they look a little odd at first, but why the "rage"?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Alun wrote:
    Just noticed a new '06 Passat on the motorway indicating (which is a rarity in itself, but I digress ... :) ) and if I'm not mistaken the indicators were LED's. I noticed this because the flash on/off was very abrupt, and in a strange way slightly offputting. I suppose we just get used to the slight delay that occurs when a normal incandescent bulb switches on and off, and the instant-on effect of LED lights just looks odd, somehow. Any idea if these are standard on the Passat or an option, and as an aside are the brake lights and the sidelights LED's as well? Just curious.

As far as I know the rear light cluster on the new Passat and Jetta are LED units. Not sure about the side repeaters, as they are built into the wing mirrors I would assume they are LED also. Propably more expensive to replace if broken too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Just because they're so fast and give the impression of a sense of urgency. I'm sure I'll get used to them. I've only noticed them in the last couple of weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

ballooba wrote:
    Get used to it - they are going to become standard on everything over the next while.

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Get used to it - they are going to become standard on everything over the next while.

This is it. Anybody know which manufacturers were the innovaters / early adaptors? For sure, Dublin Bus have had them for quite some time now?

Advertisement