Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Videos--Compression

Options
  • 08-02-2006 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

Dunno if any of yous ahev made any BF2 videos or anything else.
    But anyways, i downloaded FRAPS yesterday....and recorded stuff in game to try it out, bout a min long, anyways it was 1.5 gig.

Knew this would happen anyways cause ive done it years ago

Then opened VirtualDub and was presented with a list of Codecs to encode it into and then save to AVI so as to compress the file

Anyways, question is this.

Which is the best one to use ??
    Or is there any other programs out there that anyone else uses.
    Im lookin to cut this down from 1.5 gig to maybe 35 Mb,s
    (The actual video is in high res at 1024x768. However it doesnt bother me if its shortened to 320x240 and a bit less quality, as long as the filesize goes down)

So....whats my best route to achieving this :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Encode in Xvid

Should work a lot less, use VirutalDub to edit and delete any frames you dont want.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

I recorded a 30 second movie using fraps and edited with videon and it was only 2.5mb.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Mate was over today

Gave me an EXCELLENT program

Reduced the filesize from 985Mbs to 35Mbs with deadly quality

Well impress

Its called "AutoGK"

Google it and try it :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Yep, AutoGK is a handy program for converting your movies to Xvid. Always useful.

Advertisement