Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems sharing Metro connection

• 08-02-2006 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

I have been trying to connect my metro modem to a router inorder to share the connection to a couple of PC's. I can ping websites from my PC via the router. But when I try to open a site I just get as far as page loading but it never displays.

Is there any special configuration required for the metro modem (THG520) or anything like that ?

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Your router is configured wrong.
    There is no configuration for the Metro box.

The WAN ethernet port must be DHCP.

The local LAN ports are better configured Static using 192.168.0.xx on SN 255.255.255.0, but the Router can do DHCP. It must issue leases in 192.168.0.2 to 192.168.0.253 range.

If using router that is doing NAT, then you need no settings in Firefox or IE explorer other than connect to internet directly.

Make sure your web browser is not set up to use dialler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Twigs

Cheers but this is all set up !!!

Can ping google and get a reply, but when trying to access the site via browser get "site found, waiting for reply" then nada

Tried to use the Google IP address in browser but same thing so its not DNS or anything, no firewall - wierd huh ??? :confused:

The WAN ethernet port must be DHCP. (Understood, obtaining from ISP)

The local LAN ports are better configured Static using 192.168.0.xx on SN 255.255.255.0, but the Router can do DHCP. It must issue leases in 192.168.0.2 to 192.168.0.253 range. (correct - router providing ip addresses to connected clients)

If using router that is doing NAT, then you need no settings in Firefox or IE explorer other than connect to internet directly. (Yep, NAT enabled)

Make sure your web browser is not set up to use dialler (Checked)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

power up your router first then power up the metro modem, so that the router can get an ip off the modem.

Had this fault with FF untill i reset the laptop and then everything went fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Twigs

that will work and is the way it was done

1 Start up router
    2 Modem
    3 PCs

Issues persists - cursed !!

Advertisement