Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Brady's the New Roost????

Options
  • 08-02-2006 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

Seems everyone is going there these days?! Myself included!

Has it finally been realised that the Roost is a glorified sauna with a bar thrown in?! I think Brady's is miles better, granted that you get there in time...but the same's to be said there for the Roost on that front!

Oh and anyone heading tonight?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Meh, I like the roost best.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭trekkypj

I used to like it but lately it's been far too crowded for my liking.

And to be honest, I prefer the Clockhouse, or upstairs in Bradys. It's a whole lot friendlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭stupefly

I still way prefer the Roost, but Ive gone to the Bradys a lot lately, cause no one will go to the Roost. Fair dues to Bradys for being able to ease people away form the Roost they had a monopoly going there for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭ya-what-now?

Ya The Roost is always so full...it's awful, ya'd bloody melt in there too because of the crowds!

Went to Brady's last night...twas great....not JAMMED but a good crowd, really enjoyable! I'm just pissed off now that I wasted so much time in the roost!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Gael

Ya The Roost is always so full...it's awful, ya'd bloody melt in there too because of the crowds!

Went to Brady's last night...twas great....not JAMMED but a good crowd, really enjoyable! I'm just pissed off now that I wasted so much time in the roost!

Brady's has it's night where it's too full to move as well. Myself and a friend left once after ten minutes because first of all we couldn't move and secondly it was impossible to get served without spending half the night queueing. That said, Roost is frequently crap on that front too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Went to the Roost last night for the first time since the Mikado Hallowe'en bash and it must be said that i had a brilliant night. It wasn't overcrowded, downstairs was almost empty, the queues for the bar were ideal and the crowd/music were grand, a mad night altogether ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

B2 is a great place, I like it a lot, not a big fan of the Roost at night to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Brady's/B2.

I rarely venture to The Roost unless I have to.

I really like Saints Bar too but no one ever wants to go there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Yeh I`ve beeing going to B2 since the start of the year cause I never like the Roost.

Although they could do with updating there playlist, its very simmaler every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭*marie*

The LA is supposed to be reopening tonight, what's that like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭egon spengler

la is nrrrrraaaa scumbagania, its alright but its too mainstream or something, upstairs bradys rocks, maybe people have gone to the roost so much that theyre sick of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭ArcadeFred

mainstream?! wtf is that supposed to mean!?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

ArcadeFred wrote:
    mainstream?! wtf is that supposed to mean!?
    I guess the opposite of exclusive? Some people have to feel that the establishment they are drinking themselves into a stupor in is in some way filtering our clientele who are percieved as being sub standard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭NotWormBoy

The cool kids don't go there... or something stupid like that, I'm sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭ArcadeFred

Oh...so Bradys is exclusive!?! lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Beau wrote:
    Yeh I`ve beeing going to B2 since the start of the year cause I never like the Roost.

Although they could do with updating there playlist, its very simmaler every week.

True. But you can't beat MC Hammer's Can't Touch This! :D

I find it quaint the way some people delude themselves that there are no scumbags in the places they like to frequent. They only attend the other places. :rolleyes:

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    I guess the opposite of exclusive? Some people have to feel that the establishment they are drinking themselves into a stupor in is in some way filtering our clientele who are percieved as being sub standard?

nah, what i meant by mainstream are the white shirted dudes and make up chicks, generally crass people. that is all. i hate exclusiveness btw.

nah, what i meant by mainstream are the white shirted dudes and make up chicks, generally crass people. that is all. i hate exclusiveness btw.

Maybe it's just me but your above post seems to display an exclusivist attitude! In a "I'm not racist but....." type of way.

Gael wrote:
    Maybe it's just me but your above post seems to display an exclusivist attitude! In a "I'm not racist but....." type of way.

blah blah blah (typical mikado pedanticism), everyone judges everyone else. thats life. im not going to apologize for disliking certain types of people.

• Advertisement

blah blah blah (typical mikado pedanticism), everyone judges everyone else. thats life. im not going to apologize for disliking certain types of people.

Pointing out that someone contradicted themselves in the one statement is hardly pedantry.

Gael wrote:
    Pointing out that someone contradicted themselves in the one statement is hardly pedantry.

its pedantry to derive contradictions from a statement where there are none.
    Im sure you dont like certain types of people. Does that immediately entail exclusiveness? no. it just means you dont get along with or dislike certain identity types/categories of person. Is that racism? no. Just incompatibility through lack of shared interests/values.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭pisslips

its pedantry to derive contradictions from a statement where there are none.
    Im sure you dont like certain types of people. Does that immediately entail exclusiveness? no. it just means you dont get along with or dislike certain identity types/categories of person. Is that racism? no. Just incompatibility through lack of shared interests/values.

Why do people feel the need to justify themselves to be somehow politically correct?
    IMO, being racist is no worse than not liking people who are more self-destructive than some arbitrary standard.
    So you're are snob, I like you even more
    If you haven't got an opinion you don't really participate.
    "I'm not trying to be racist but a lot of ethnics have aids"

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Gael wrote:

maybe not but this surely is...

this is getting silly. In fact I dont like much of what the mainstream has to offer. I dont identify with it and Im entitled to call it crap. I dont get how dissenting from popular conciousness makes one a snob. I guess its just an effect of the capitalist system wherein being different or rejecting mass culture immediately sets you up to be denigrated for highlighting the inequities and ideogical subjectiveness of the capitalist ideology. Yeah! Damn right I said it. This is Pompousania. 2006. Im outta here. Told you, ya shoulda killed me last year. Peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭pisslips

Le legend du spengler,
    Damn straight, noone needs to justify themselves,
    But don't get too different
    or some asshole with their"infinite" knowledge will declare that "you need help(I'm not bein evil here)"
    toString wrote:
    First of all, for your own sake(I'm not being evil here) please look for professional help!!

What a Richard!

Advertisement