Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL BB- yes or no??

• 08-02-2006 5:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭

yes or no guys, this is one of the only providers where i dont need to have a phone line to get broadband which service my area, should i go with them??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,328 ✭✭✭✭Tony

mel123 wrote:
    yes or no guys, this is one of the only providers where i dont need to have a phone line to get broadband which service my area, should i go with them??

Yes

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

But we don't know where you are. :)

Cable TV and Wireless don't use the phone for Broadband.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭mel123

i is in dublin, northside. living in an apartment so i cant put up an aerial which IBB require, and ripwave isnt available in my area. anyone else i looked into i needed a phone line or had to use an aerial. NTL seems perfect. checked the poll and most seem happy enough with NTL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Have you checked to see if NTL is available in your area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

If you can get NTL BB get it. It is limited availability though. You need an NTL cable connection too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭mel123

yep its available and yep i have NTL tv as it is. just rang them and they'll be out next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

mel123 wrote:
    yep its available and yep i have NTL tv as it is. just rang them and they'll be out next week.

I have it too. IMO best BB package in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Yes. Never, ever had a single problem with NTL. Reading the horror stories of other ISPs here always makes me realise how lucky I am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭OMcGovern

I'm in Lucan, with NTL broadband, and no problems with it.

Another good thing is you don't get charged if you go over your 1Gb a day download cap, nor does your connection stop when you hit a limit.
    For me, that means limitless :-)

I was assigned a static IP address, and as far as I remember, this hasn't changed. This is good if you want to try running a server on your home PC.
    ( against the NTL conditions ) but I doubt they'd notice or care about a low use Web Server or the like.

regards,
    Owen

Advertisement